Self-inflicted selective amnesia?

ShiningMoon

So I went on a couple of dates with this guy and at first, it was amazing. He made me believe in rainbows and butterflies only to completely cut me off after I declined having sex with him. He blocked my number and disregarded the sweet birthday text I sent him.

For some reason, the first two weeks after this happened, I just didn't care about this situation at all. I barely thought of him. It felt as though I forgot him immediately after our last date. I even forgot what he looks like. I was on such a high, I just didn't care (which is pretty strange because I had no reason not to care since I really really liked the guy to the point of obsession).

Now, a month later I find myself crying because it finally hit me that he treated me like very poorly and it seems I was oblivious to it. The problem is I don't even remember his face nor do I remember anything of what happened. It's like my brain blocked him out of my mind. I don't know why. I feel as though I have some kind of selective amnesia because no matter how much I try to think of his face, our kisses, the nice things he said ... I can't. I'm not able to recall anything. I don't remember anything even though I now they're still registered somewhere. My memory is just blank.

I really feel like I have a sudden sort of selective amnesia. Why? It's never happened to me before.

Edited by ShiningMoon