Engaged ex sent me FB friend request

ShiningMoon

I dated a man around 3 years ago and we broke up for good in 2012. I broke up with him because I felt we wanted different things. I was the one who initiated the NC even though he tried to get me back multiple times. I blocked him on FB right away.

Last night, I decided to unblock certain people because I felt as though I'd never contact them anyway, so no point in keeping them blocked. I've moved on. However, a few hours after I unblocked him, he added me on FB. Mind you, it's been two years since I blocked him!

He's engaged and lives on the other side of the world, but suddenly wants to be friends on FB? I haven't accepted his request.

First of all, I congratulated him on his engagement and he responded: "Thanks. Not sure if moving for love was romantic, or stupid". Alright, not quite the "thank you" response I was expecting.

Then when I asked him why he sent me a friend request, he said: "I wanted to stay in touch when you broke up with me, I'm happy I found you, and now that we're talking, long may it continue".

I just wrote off the one guy I was genuinely interested in because it turns out he was looking for an easy lay. It happened on Monday, and I'm very confused, upset and hurt. This ex coming out of the woods is plain weird.

I have no clue why this ex is suddenly contacting me. Should I add him?

Side note: The girl he is engaged to is a girl he started dating a week after I broke up with him. They got engaged around 4 months later.

Edited by ShiningMoon

I have no clue why this ex is suddenly contacting me. Should I add him?

Nooooooooo!!!!!!

Then when I asked him why he sent me a friend request, he said: "I wanted to stay in touch when you broke up with me, I'm happy I found you, and now that we're talking, long may it continue".

You can politely inform him that there is no reason to stay in contact. Wish him well in his upcoming nuptials. And wish him on his way...

ExposedBrick

I broke up with a long-term girlfriend of three years including leaving together for a year. She moved out of our apartment with no warning when I was at work one day. She initiated the NC. She tried to email me about 4 months later, then made multiple subsequent FB friend requests over the past year that I have ignored.

In my opinion, its best to consider the person dead in your mind and never communicate again. No point in dredging up all those toxic thoughts.

• Like 1