Being with a shy person makes you more out going?

I was talking to a friend who is a bit reserved, they mentioned that something about how their partner being shy has helped them liven up and be more spontaneous.

I am not sure how exactly this would work. I wondered if it is that when a shy person is with someone really loud/center of attention type, they can become even more withdrawn because the other dominates, whereas being with someone who is not so loud allows them to open up more?

Thoughts?

ThaWholigan

It's possible that the dynamic between the two people allows one or both of them to step out of their shells. Maybe the other person gives them confidence, who knows.

I've seen it happen.

Historically, I've found I tend to 'adjust' when I've dated a comparatively shy person, being both a bit more assertive out in the world as well as within the dating dynamic. That probably came from more of a sympathy and/or empathy place than anything else, with the old 'shy' tape from my young years playing in the background. I remembered what it was like to be that way so sought to compensate a bit to provide a more comfortable environment. Results varied.

ime I mirror the person I am with more than behave opposite to them. if someone is shy and introverted it tends to make me quiet as well and if someone is outgoing I tend to let loose much more. it's the main reason I don't date 'shy guys' anymore; I am extroverted and find that I prefer the company of extroverts because I don't want to worry over my quiet partner, who may bring down the level of enjoyment. but I can see what you suggested happening as well, and have seen it - one partner can entirely dominate the other amongst others or in conversation, but that would be a pretty bad dynamic to have in a relationship

I find the 2 different personalities can potentially bring out the best in each other and work very well. It can also be very interesting to partner with someone with a difference in personality and balance beautifully! :)

I like shy women, they are the most down-to earth and easy to talk to than the women who are on the clubs all night with tons of make up.