No whatsoever......

Here we go again....

Been emailing a woman since Sunday on the dating site. We've had good report back and forth. Today I send her a message telling her id like to talk to her on the phone, and ask her if later this evening is a good time. She's replies "I work till 930pm". OK???? Can you reply with a more vague open ended comment please???? I know I can send her another email, and tell her I can call around if that's OK with her..... But it's situations like this that I keep pointing out over and over! Is it really that f'n difficult for her to give me her number, and offer me to call at 10..... Or tell me to call at ___ tomorrow?????

Am I totally out of line for expecting more?? Guys....do you get more effort from women when you try or is this par for the course nowadays, and I should expect to do 90% of the work?

Philosoraptor

Why worry about it? If you're not happy with the effort someone is putting out then "next" her and move on.

Maybe she doesn't like to talk on the phone. I don't.

Men do the same thing.....minimal effort messages where I felt like I had to do all the work. I took it as an obvious lack of interest and moved on to someone where the conversation flowed better.

• Author
Why worry about it? If you're not happy with the effort someone is putting out then "next" her and move on.

What does that get me by standing my ground? I am starting to think that I am the oddball for expecting basic courtesy and common sense. I truly believe this woman is interested, but the thought of offering an alternate suggestion just isn't in her mind because she's never had to do that. Guys have always taken the lead.

Is it the habits of men that cause women to not even think about a counter offer in a situation like this?

Philosoraptor
What does that get me by standing my ground? I am starting to think that I am the oddball for expecting basic courtesy and common sense. I truly believe this woman is interested, but the thought of offering an alternate suggestion just isn't in her mind because she's never had to do that. Guys have always taken the lead.

Is it the habits of men that cause women to not even think about a counter offer in a situation like this?

By standing your ground and not chasing you take back the control and it stop you from making ridiculous threads like this.

You're right, if someone is interested they should offer an alternative. She didn't, too bad. Think of it as her loss and move on.

Any woman who places the faults of a past man onto a new man isn't someone you want to spend your time on anyways.

• Author
By standing your ground and not chasing you take back the control and it stop you from making ridiculous threads like this.

You're right, if someone is interested they should offer an alternative. She didn't, too bad. Think of it as her loss and move on.

Any woman who places the faults of a past man onto a new man isn't someone you want to spend your time on anyways.

I understand what you are saying… But in reality how many relationships would never occur at all if everybody stood their ground the way we are saying we should? As I said in my other thread… Just because she doesn't offer a suggestion doesn't mean she would be a terrible woman to have a relationship with. It's just the act of not suggesting that drives me nuts. I just see it as something that is totally basic and requires no thought whatsoever.

Believe me, I totally prefer strong independent women that have the confidence to communicate properly and know what they want. The problem is, women that are typically like that, want nothing to do with me, because many of those types of women want an alpha male. It's very hard to find a confident independent woman that is secure with herself and at the same time not be stuck up with superficial expectations when she is looking for a compatible man.