Do women get desperate once they hit 30?

40 Fonzarelli

I'm speaking specifically about the ones that want a family. I mean it takes time to lead up to marriage. At least a year and then the marriage and then kids. This could span about 2-5 years and that's if she meets "the one" at 30. Is this the age when women settle just to get married and have kids? I am 34 but I don't feel I need to rush things. I guess it's different for men.

Nah, I don't think so. I got way more attention dating in my 30's than I ever did in my 20's. From better quality men too.

As far as my ovaries, I just figured if things didnt time up right with my biological clock, I could always artificially inseminate. No need to settle.

• Like 6

Yes an no.

I wouldn't say desperate in that I'd settle for any damn thing.....but we tend to want to move a little faster for fear of "wasting time". Understandably that scares lots of men away lol.

Since I've already been married and have a kid, I'm not exactly what you describe but I can relate to the mentality. I can understand the sense if urgency in a woman who feels her clock ticking.

• Like 3
I'm speaking specifically about the ones that want a family. I mean it takes time to lead up to marriage. At least a year and then the marriage and then kids. This could span about 2-5 years and that's if she meets "the one" at 30. Is this the age when women settle just to get married and have kids? I am 34 but I don't feel I need to rush things. I guess it's different for men.

Life isn't a race, babe.

Slow it down and enjoy it.

• Like 1
BrandonMarshall

some do... really depends though.

I wouldn't say they get desperate, but women @ and over 30 seem to push a lot harder or drop me faster if I am not game to what they want than the younger women.

• Like 1
I wouldn't say they get desperate, but women @ and over 30 seem to push a lot harder or drop me faster if I am not game to what they want than the younger women.

this is a good thing. Women in their 30's do not put up with BS (or put up with MUCH less of it than women in their 20's this is one of the reasons men prefer women in their 20's they are easier)

• Like 3
Eternal Sunshine

I love being in my 30s. I think I look better than ever, I am confident, I don't put up with BS and my sex drive is through the roof.

I am enjoying it :)

• Like 5
Eternal Sunshine

If anything, I wouldn't date any of the losers I dated in my 20s. Bacause I know what type of guy suits me, I'm more selective than ever :/

PS I'm not into marriage and kids deal.

• Like 1

I would say after 25 those Women seem to have a change. But yes, Women who want a family and to have kids do have an expiration date. Most the Women I have met over about 25 seem to settle for much less for than what they would have before then. Maybe not true for everyone. But I would say it is definitely a trend.

Eternal Sunshine

There is only really a biological limit to having kids. Otherwise, you can fall in love at 60. No reason for anyone to be desparate :)

• Like 3
There is only really a biological limit to having kids. Otherwise, you can fall in love at 60. No reason for anyone to be desparate :)

While I didn't realize I stomped on your previous post. If you are happy with yourself and who you are. Then there is no reason to care about anything else. I do understand the majority of women wanting to have children as most males want to have a son. But it is not an end all.

The happiest couples I have seen in there 40 and 50's never had kids. They got married later and life. And they are as happy as can be. Granted the spoil the heck out of their nice and nephews, etc. But they seem to be love each other in a different way than just about anyone else I have ever seen.

Gotta be honest, I am entering the second half of my 20's. If I had the relationship these people did with their spouse. I would rather not have kids. It is seriously on another level. I am assuming they have been focusing on each other for the past 10 + years rather than any kids. I swear these are the happiest people I have ever met.

Edited by Vogeltron

Nature has made women this way so we should have kids until 40 years old - thus it's only natural that we do so. With this as a fact, some women do become desperate after 30 not cause they are bad people or they can't live without a man, but because they care for their unborn child and want it to have a good father. The ideal is to have a great relationship with the best man who loves you and cares for you and he is willing to have kids soon. But this isn't always the case. Sometimes the man is good but wants no kids, sometimes he wants kids but is not that good. In my opinion all people settle in all aspects of life - job, friends, family, SO, marriage etc. Nothing can be that perfect in life so we have no need to compromise. So a woman in her 30s who wants kids will do exactly this, compromise more than in her 20s cause she sees her chances shrink. Does this mean she will settle for someone and something bad? Sometimes she may. We can only hope these situations are only the exception.

I met the perfect guy at 29, I told him I want kids and we started "preparing" for this. It has taken a little longer than I thought cause of a health problem. In these years I see myself growing and compromising more than I would when I was younger and definitely more than I would imagine. But it's worth it cause he is the one I want to be the father of my kids and my husband forever (lets hope God wants it too :p).

• Like 1
Eternal Sunshine
While I didn't realize I stomped on your previous post. If you are happy with yourself and who you are. Then there is no reason to care about anything else. I do understand the majority of women wanting to have children as most males want to have a son. But it is not an end all.

The happiest couples I have seen in there 40 and 50's never had kids. They got married later and life. And they are as happy as can be. Granted the spoil the heck out of their nice and nephews, etc. But they seem to be love each other in a different way than just about anyone else I have ever seen.

Gotta be honest, I am entering the second half of my 20's. If I had the relationship these people did with their spouse. I would rather not have kids. It is seriously on another level. I am assuming they have been focusing on each other for the past 10 + years rather than any kids. I swear these are the happiest people I have ever met.

That's exactly why I don't want kids. I just see it as "the end" of my life. I see couples running after the kids, stressed, exhausted, don't care what they look like anymore, no sex etc etc. I get depressed watching it. I knew in my 20s that I didn't want kids.

• Like 1

I became pickier after thirty. And have consequently built healthier, happier relationships. The stakes are higher, of course, but that doesn't mean a woman over thirty is desperate... More often than not, it's the opposite.

• Like 4
BlametheIrish
I became pickier after thirty. And have consequently built healthier, happier relationships. The stakes are higher, of course, but that doesn't mean a woman over thirty is desperate... More often than not, it's the opposite.

I'll be 30 in the summer and I whole heartedly agree with this. IM pickier now because I'm older and wiser. It's eaiser to read people now, and harder to pull one over on me. I'm not willi.g to settle nor will I evet be. I also agree most women in my age bracket are pickier too.

• Like 1

Plenty of women have already had children by age 30 if it's part of their plan. Then the question is how to date as a single mom?

women past 27 is not worth dating if you are looking to catch a woman in her "prime"

If they hit 30... watch out

look at all the women here, online date (yet they say they are picky), dated losers through their prime, probably have at least 1 cat if not more in their near future.

They know they cant compete with the younger crowd so they come up with all these excuses to make it seem like they are better (confident, educated, mature, blah blah) then their counterparts

Even if your a 40 year old guy, you can easily pull a 24 or 25 year old in her prime without even trying. Why waste your time on anything less

• Like 2
rocketman122

From what I saw on OLD, VERY much so. the US have a more open mind regarding the timer/marriage/children thing. but over here, to the east, tradition works very hard and you can clearly see they are desperate.

they post tons of pictures of themselves, they write tons about themselves and seem to write what men want to hear. im great, I cook, im warm, im sensitive blah blah blah. I know in the US people like to post a lot of pics and give a lot of info but its not the norm here. many just write "I like to tell about myself face to face"

but on the whole, VERY desperate. some play it cool, but most, its VERY obvious.

If I wanted I could be partying with a different girl by simply changing my preference from "want children?" to "yes". I could have screwed like theres no tomorrow.

many women are slow to react and are taking their sweet time finding a guy. but after 35, you will only find crumbs, psychos and men who arent looking to commit more than a BF/GF level. the smart women act fast and nab the good ones. all the others partying and so called "building my career" nonsense, will get the above 3. too slow to react.

rocketman122
women past 27 is not worth dating if you are looking to catch a woman in her "prime"

If they hit 30... watch out

look at all the women here, online date (yet they say they are picky), dated losers through their prime, probably have at least 1 cat if not more in their near future.

They know they cant compete with the younger crowd so they come up with all these excuses to make it seem like they are better (confident, educated, mature, blah blah) then their counterparts

Even if your a 40 year old guy, you can easily pull a 24 or 25 year old in her prime without even trying. Why waste your time on anything less

Bro, you beat me to it. I have sympathy for all those 30+ they will have a hard time.

and you know what, when I see theyre very pretty and werent married or have children, I blocked them. they are the worst of the bunch. I see smoking hotties at 35+ and no children and not married and my mind is confused how they werent taken.

If I wanted children (and I dont) it would sound reasonable to want a women 27-30 and im 42 and would have no issue finding one.

fortunately I love older women so thats that.

but all those women holding out for mr right or have too high a standard, youre effed. compromise on some things, accept others. cause im sure hes compromising on a few with you as well. dont think too highly of yourself, he can alwasy find younger and prettier than you.

It's hilarious how some men believe they are a great catch and we poor women who aren't picked by them are so unlucky :p

On the other hand it's great that some men show their ****ty character that early on so we can send them to the garbage and not waste any time on them. :laugh:

• Like 6
fortyninethousand322
I'll be 30 in the summer and I whole heartedly agree with this. IM pickier now because I'm older and wiser. It's eaiser to read people now, and harder to pull one over on me. I'm not willi.g to settle nor will I evet be. I also agree most women in my age bracket are pickier too.

In what ways are you pickier that you weren't before?

I'm only asking as a dateless loser in his 20s who hopes women lower their standards when I/they get older so I won't be a dateless loser in his 30s...