how long should a person wait until they start dating?

frogprinz29

I have a question. I'm just looking for people's opinions or thoughts. I've heard that a person shouldn't get back into the dating scene after the end of a significantly long relationship until they've pulled themselves back together and are ready. I believe person should wait until they've pulled themselves together, cleared up issue, and are ready. My question is: Is there a general time frame in which a person should wait or set for themselves as well before thinking about goin' at it again? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? Or whatever... A time of mourning so to speak. Thanks for any input. :confused:

YellowLioness

When you stop looking for someone to replace the hole in your heart, and you aren't actively seeking love because you are satisfied in yourself, then you are usually ready to move on. This holds true for me, anyway. :-)

• Author

Thanks for the response. Makes good sense. I enjoyed your story very much. I'm trying to stay away from the liquid courage though. My "ex" used to make me feel like I could take on the world though.

YellowLioness

I'm glad you like my quote. That was given to me by an ex that said it reminded her of me. :-)

You'll be alright. Break ups are a b*tch, so don't sweat the little things. :-) You'll know when you're ready.