One Year Of Your Time

Women what if someone offered you $100,000.00 dollars after taxes to spend a year travelling with him, would you do it? The only criteria is that you are attractive, enjoy travelling and are faithful. Would you take a year off for the experience if it didn't cost you one cent? Would age matter? Would race matter?

Women what if someone offered you $100,000.00 dollars after taxes to spend a year travelling with him, would you do it? The only criteria is that you are attractive, enjoy travelling and are faithful. Would you take a year off for the experience if it didn't cost you one cent? Would age matter? Would race matter?

This is a very bizarre situation that would require many real-life details that this hypothetical scenario doesn't cover.

Is this a man I am in a relationship with? If so, why would he need to offer me money specifically? Or is this some sugar daddy scenario where I don't know him but he is propositioning me?

But in short: I might think about it :laugh:, but in the end I'd probably decide it was too weird for some guy to offer this if it is the latter situation, and I am sure some strings would be attached that I'd rather not chance...as frankly, I feel if one is that desperate, I might not trust you to be a sane and stable person. So no, I'm not into being indebted to men and for them to literally pay for my time and company. If we're in a relationship you wouldn't have to pay me, although you could pay for me to go, simply as a gesture, and I'd love to anyway since we're together...but if we're not. Nope.

In any case I can't take a year off my life to do that....a summer maybe, but to just drop my life for a year, I couldn't.

theothersully

Finding people who like to travel is tough, isn't it?

I am struggling to find the right match to travel with as well.

If I didn't have kids or they were grown and I'd still have my job to come back to (it's a hard one to obtain), I would consider it, depending on our relationship. Just for the traveling side of it, to be honest. WHO it is, is important. If it were my exH, I'd say no way. LOL

• Like 1
  • Author
This is a very bizarre situation that would require many real-life details that this hypothetical scenario doesn't cover.

Is this a man I am in a relationship with? If so, why would he need to offer me money specifically? Or is this some sugar daddy scenario where I don't know him but he is propositioning me?

But in short: I might think about it :laugh:, but in the end I'd probably decide it was too weird for some guy to offer this if it is the latter situation, and I am sure some strings would be attached that I'd rather not chance...as frankly, I feel if one is that desperate, I might not trust you to be a sane and stable person. So no, I'm not into being indebted to men and for them to literally pay for my time and company. If we're in a relationship you wouldn't have to pay me, although you could pay for me to go, simply as a gesture, and I'd love to anyway since we're together...but if we're not. Nope.

In any case I can't take a year off my life to do that....a summer maybe, but to just drop my life for a year, I couldn't.

He is a man that isn't sure he wants to go through the process of another relationship but wants someone to travel with and enjoy the experience with. You would be in a relationship with him, do everything as a couple and he would pay for the trips, hotels, restaurants as if he were your husband. You would be treated with respect and only the two of you would know about the arrangement. You would be involved with the itinerary and travel arraignments. The amount of time spent in one place wouldn't be an issue. The agreement would be for one year. You would both decide on which places to go to. He is very sane, not at all desperate, and would be able to afford it.

• Like 1
  • Author
If I didn't have kids or they were grown and I'd still have my job to come back to (it's a hard one to obtain), I would consider it, depending on our relationship. Just for the traveling side of it, to be honest. WHO it is, is important. If it were my exH, I'd say no way. LOL

It wouldn't be your ex husband, LOL. You could travel to any place in the world. The person is respectful, honest, loves travelling, good food, good wine and will treat you like a lady and do his best to spoil you.

He is a man that isn't sure he wants to go through the process of another relationship but wants someone to travel with and enjoy the experience with. You would be in a relationship with him, do everything as a couple and he would pay for the trips, hotels, restaurants as if he were your husband. You would be treated with respect and only the two of you would know about the arrangement. You would be involved with the itinerary and travel arraignments. The amount of time spent in one place wouldn't be an issue. The agreement would be for one year. You would both decide on which places to go to. He is very sane, not at all desperate, and would be able to afford it.

You mean you would be pretending to be his gf and not that this man was already your bf who then brought this up right? It is an "arrangement" that is, and not the product of an organic relationship?

In any case, no I wouldn't agree but I'm sure many women, particularly those who are in need would be more than willing to take a man up on this offer.

Hell Yes!!!! My bags are packed! I've always dreamed of going to Paris, Australia, Greece and Brazil.

When do we Leave?

And I'm serious!!!!

What would I need the 100 grand for if he is paying for all the travel expenses? I would just go on the free trip and tell him to keep his money. The payment would make me feel like a hooker.

One of many things that's weird about this is that "you" know that you don't really get to know someone for months. You could have this immediate attraction to this lady, and then find yourself in days or weeks or months staring at this person across the dinner table with nothing to say, or finding that they're very moody, or have some other issue that makes them not all that pleasant to spend time with. Do they still get the 100K if you decide you're not enjoying spending time with them? Since they had to cancel or block out a year of their life, it seems unfair to cut them without pay. Would there be a contract?

I assume that having sex is part of this deal?

That's just prostitution, no? And in kind of a worse way than usual, because you "own" their body full-time for a year.

I don't think many women would do this, unless they were desperate. Most women want to pick the person they're having sex with and spending time with on more than ability to pay for a vacation.

I have been pursued by wealthy men before who would have been happy to pay for pretty much anything, and turned them down because the whole package wasn't for me. But I'm not desperate for money.

• Like 1
theothersully

To be fair, it would definitely have to be prorated, I'd think?

One of many things that's weird about this is that "you" know that you don't really get to know someone for months. You could have this immediate attraction to this lady, and then find yourself in days or weeks or months staring at this person across the dinner table with nothing to say, or finding that they're very moody, or have some other issue that makes them not all that pleasant to spend time with. Do they still get the 100K if you decide you're not enjoying spending time with them? Since they had to cancel or block out a year of their life, it seems unfair to cut them without pay. Would there be a contract?

I assume that having sex is part of this deal?

That's just prostitution, no? And in kind of a worse way than usual, because you "own" their body full-time for a year.

I don't think many women would do this, unless they were desperate. Most women want to pick the person they're having sex with and spending time with on more than ability to pay for a vacation.

I have been pursued by wealthy men before who would have been happy to pay for pretty much anything, and turned them down because the whole package wasn't for me. But I'm not desperate for money.

theothersully
What would I need the 100 grand for if he is paying for all the travel expenses? I would just go on the free trip and tell him to keep his money. The payment would make me feel like a hooker.

Please send pics. Ready to leave for the USA northeast in the spring and be in Europe by the end of summer. ;)

To be fair, it would definitely have to be prorated, I'd think?

Yeah, I think it would seem less weird and more appealing without the long commitment (instead, just seeing how it goes), and the money offer up-front, which indicates that you're buying them.

Say you got to know someone even a little, and thought you might like to travel with them. Then just say to them that while you're traveling you'll given them some money - about 10K/month - so that when they get back home they have a cushion to ease back into their life - just seems less like a "purchase" done like that.

I also wouldn't say that sex is part of the deal. If that happened, great, and probably it would if the chemistry is right and you're in these interesting places, but I just don't think most women want to feel that they've been purchased.

Edited by lollipopspot
  • Author
This guy sounds like an idiot....and definitely sounds desperate.

No, he is not desperate, just doesn't want to waste time waiting for Ms right. he doesn't have to work, and is willing to give someone an amazing year. He will be doing these things anyway.

But if he goes alone, maybe that would give him a chance to meet 'Ms. Right' when he's traveling? If he's traveling with a fake girlfriend, he can't really do that...

• Author
Hell Yes!!!! My bags are packed! I've always dreamed of going to Paris, Australia, Greece and Brazil.

When do we Leave?

And I'm serious!!!!

Rio and the Greek Islands are definitely on the list, there's a former palace in Brazil that is now converted into a hotel, a must. Hotel Maurice in Paris, for sure, how about Monaco?

• Author

The trip will cost way more than 100 grand. The money is compensation for taking time off from work and is a buffer for when you return. You will not be treated like a hooker and would be free to leave anytime. You would have money, including taxes, paid into your bank account every month your together, approximately $12,000.00 a month. Again, only the two of you would know about the arrangement.

• Author
But if he goes alone, maybe that would give him a chance to meet 'Ms. Right' when he's traveling? If he's traveling with a fake girlfriend, he can't really do that...

Maybe he's OK on his own and again doesn't want to waste time waiting to meet the perfect woman. He just wants to see the world and enjoy doing it with someone. She can quit the arrangement at anytime.

todreaminblue
I am willing, but I will not shave my legs or beard!

Cash in advance, Please

lol...this made me giggle

to the questionable proposal....i have been asked to be a travel companion to a guys home country for exactly twelve months when i was younger .............to india and it would have involved intimacy and living with him........i refused because it was all about marriage and i can tbe with soemoen i dont love...i could only ever travel with someone for a year if i actually loved them family or friends......spendign time with a virtual stranger just because i want to travel ...nah.....woudl rather fund raise it and backpack on a llama...deb

Edited by todreaminblue

No way.

Traveling with someone is difficult enough to begin with and traveling with a stranger - regardless of how much money is involved - would be incredibly stressful.

She would essentially be an indentured servant. Okay, she gets to help pick the itinerary but what if he is all about visiting historical museums and ruins and she could care less for such things, preferring nightlife and shopping? Or vice-versa? What if she likes to sleep in and get a massage but he wants to get up at 5:00 a.m. every day and go jogging? Or what if she likes to jog but he insists that she be there "as a companion" every morning for a heavy breakfast?

She could be straddled to this guy for a year and although the sites and scenery might be interesting, the shear psychology of it could be torture. There are too many variables in personalities to tie someone to that type of lifestyle for a full year.

• Like 1
  • Author
lol...this made me giggle

to the questionable proposal....i have been asked to be a travel companion to a guys home country for exactly twelve months when i was younger .............to india and it would have involved intimacy and living with him........i refused because it was all about marriage and i can tbe with soemoen i dont love...i could only ever travel with someone for a year if i actually loved them family or friends......spendign time with a virtual stranger just because i want to travel ...nah.....woudl rather fund raise it and backpack on a llama...deb

He made me laugh too, that's worth a lunch at the Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood, one of my favorite places in Oregon. Backpacking could be fun but not for everyone.

• Author
No way.

Traveling with someone is difficult enough to begin with and traveling with a stranger - regardless of how much money is involved - would be incredibly stressful.

She would essentially be an indentured servant. Okay, she gets to help pick the itinerary but what if he is all about visiting historical museums and ruins and she could care less for such things, preferring nightlife and shopping? Or vice-versa? What if she likes to sleep in and get a massage but he wants to get up at 5:00 a.m. every day and go jogging? Or what if she likes to jog but he insists that she be there "as a companion" every morning for a heavy breakfast?

She could be straddled to this guy for a year and although the sites and scenery might be interesting, the shear psychology of it could be torture. There are too many variables in personalities to tie someone to that type of lifestyle for a full year.

You would be strangers in the beginning and learning each others schedules might take a bit of time but not impossible. She is still free to leave at any time if she is not comfortable. He loves shopping way more than backpacking. The only criteria as stated in the first post are that she is attractive, love travelling and is faithful.

Edited by aliveagain