Brother-in-law copying off of younger brother's wedding

My husband and I got married 2 years ago in Mexico. We had all of our family and friends come down for a vacation and then we got married as well Now 2 years later my brother-in-law wants to do the same thing. He proposed to his girlfriend of a year and now they want to go away and get married the same week as us.

This is seriously driving me crazy. Is it justified that my husband and I are the only ones who see that he is copying off of us? Please let me know if this has ever happened to you also.

kirkyswife

This is silly - copying off of you? WOW, you're really jumping the gun unnecessarily. Maybe he was inspired by your wedding but copying you? c'mon are you in some sort of test - why are you so angry at your brother-in-law or is it his fiancee? Whatever it is please know this is very petty :(

DerangedAngel

Never been in this situation, but I think I would be flattered. They enjoyed your wedding so much, they want to use some of the same ideas.

They want to go away and get married the same week as us.

So you're upset that their anniversary will now fall within seven days of your own? :confused:

I wouldn't bring this up to the rest of your family (I hope you haven't already). I'm sure it would hurt your brother-in-law's feelings especially.

Be happy for them. I'm sure he was happy for you.

-Deranged

i think this is very immature.. alot of people go to other places in the world to get married... It is not original and it was not your idea.. I assume you got the idea from someone else.. who did you copy.. maybe a friend, a magazine, or you just realized that alot of people are doing it.. and what if you had it in a hall in the place you grew up does that mean they copied you if they did the same thing..

If the small details are not the same as your wedding.. like the colours and theme and every detail then you should have no reason to be mad.. a wedding is a wedding.. and it's not your wedding so you shouldn't care how they plan it..

I think you could look at it differently - you could celebrate the big anniversaries as couples, go back down to Mexico for your 5th, or 10th or 20th anniversaries together and have a good time. Use your joint anniversaries as an excuse to throw a big family party or reunion.

Look on the bright side - don't worry, be happy and just be satisfied that it was your idea to get married in Mexico first. Life's too short to stress over this kind of stuff.

What can I say, I sometimes hate sharing places, or smells, or memories... so I think I can understand the fact that you are frustated a bit.

But the people on the Shack are right: you ought to feel flattered. Your brother-in-law sow how special your wedding was and he chose your special place to have the most important moment in his life in. This is so touching. Don't necessarily think competition, think hapiness!

I am telling you this, it is enough envy and tension out there, at the job, with the acquaintances, sometimes even between friends. Why bring this to your family? Even if let's say you feel it is totally unappropriate for him to do this (again, I would understand if you felt that way) try to be at peace with his choice. For yourself, for your husband, for the sake of the family. If this brings him joy, put your feelings aside... I think he'll appreciate it and if not, your husband definately will !!!

What can I say, I sometimes hate sharing places, or smells, or memories... so I think I can understand the fact that you are frustated a bit.

But the people on the Shack are right: you ought to feel flattered. Your brother-in-law sow how special your wedding was and he chose your special place to have the most important moment in his life in. This is so touching. Don't necessarily think competition, think hapiness!

I am telling you this, it is enough envy and tension out there, at the job, with the acquaintances, sometimes even between friends. Why bring this to your family? Even if let's say you feel it is totally unappropriate for him to do this (again, I would understand if you felt that way) try to be at peace with his choice. For yourself, for your husband, for the sake of the family. If this brings him joy, put your feelings aside... I think he'll appreciate it and if not, your husband definately will !!!

Soorrryyyyy, my laptop.... aaaa.... accident.... sorrryyy.....my laptop....aaaa....accident.... sooorrrryyyyyy....my laptop....aaaa.....accident... sorrryyy.....my laptop....aaaa....accident....

Jeez, what do you know, I've done it again!