Do Men Like Nail Polish?

My exW, being a hair stylist/colorist, would rarely wear colored polishes, but did occasionally get a nice manicure/polish from one of the manicurists at the shop, generally for special occasions, and I always enjoyed those 'finishing touches' when we'd go out for a special evening. I've always felt a good manicure and polish really accentuates a woman's hands and general 'look'. Also, for a little 'fun', she'd occasionally have some acrylics put on for a little 'cat' stuff in the bedroom.

So I'd say, having that marriage experience plus some girlfriends, I generally 'like' nail polish. Also, the remover (mainly acetone) works great for all kinds of cleaning stuff, so was nice to have around.

• Like 1

Ugh...my exH use to get a manicure and one time he came home with clear polish on.

He was seriously lacking :/

• Like 2
  • Author
Women have nails?
I assumed they didn't notice or care, and that polish is good for impressing fellow women... If any man noticed, I though it would be you, since you seem to appreciate style. Or maybe nail polish is completely trivial. It takes a lot or time or money or both. When I put it on, it usually looks like a 3-year-old did it. And washing dishes or doing anything with your hands ruins it. My plan is to not bother. But I am curious what men think. On a first date, for instance, I might splurge.
  • Like 1
I assumed they didn't notice or care, and that polish is good for impressing fellow women... If any man noticed, I though it would be you, since you seem to appreciate style. Or maybe nail polish is completely trivial. It takes a lot or time or money or both. When I put it on, it usually looks like a 3-year-old did it. And washing dishes or doing anything with your hands ruins it. My plan is to not bother. But I am curious what men think. On a first date, for instance, I might splurge.

I joke. I do take notice of them but don't care at all. I'm the guy who only needs a good face to give a girl a shot. Everything else (boobs, butt, etc) is a bonus. I don't care about a girl's nails. Always assumed she did it for herself. Like shoes.

I never paint my nails. The polish chips within a day and that's just not worth it.

I keep them groomed and filed and neat, but unpolished.

My toes always have polish though. But no one sees them. I just like having them painted

• Like 6
  • Author
I never paint my nails. The polish chips within a day and that's just not worth it.

My toes always have polish though. But no one sees them. I just like having them painted

The toe polish actually lasts, and may be worth doing. The nail polish chips after a day, after investing a lot of time or money! I think it must be a status symbol -- women with time and money who don't do grunge work with their hands such as cleaning.

• Like 2

I compliment my gf on her nail polish and when she is able to co-ordinate it with her jewelry/wardrobe.

She thinks I like the nail polish but I'm just trying to be nice and give her a compliment. I could care less if she has different colored nails each week. Plain nails would be fine.

I am certainly not going to start coloring my nails to satisfy her aesthetic whims.

• Like 5
The toe polish actually lasts, and may be worth doing. The nail polish chips after a day, after investing a lot of time or money! I think it must be a status symbol -- women with time and money who don't do grunge work with their hands such as cleaning.

My thoughts on them pretty much. :o That, and the super-long nails that they are sometimes on. It's not just grunge work that they're impractical for - it's hard to even do significant amounts of typing/writing with them. And do those women have maids for the housework? :confused:

When I have some cash to spare, I'd maybe like to get mine done for a special occasion or two, but that'd be it. I've never known most men to care much about a woman having perfectly-polished nails on a daily basis, though.

acrosstheuniverse

None of the men I've ever dated have really made much comment on my nail polish, which leads me to believe that most guys aren't really bothered as long as a woman's nails are nice (i.e. not bitten, well cared for).

I can't wear polish on my hands anymore except for one day a week due to work, but I went years having constant manicures, doing my nails myself, a single chip and I'd be in repair mode or start afresh etc. it was always for me, not a guy, I loved how it looked and that was worth the time expenditure for me.

I can't go without polish on my toes, though. I ALWAYS have a faultless pedicure, I hate the way women's feet look without nail polish (just my opinion and one that I totally keep to myself) so I put a lot of effort into foot care.. even during winter or when I'm single!

I actually think chewed up nails are pretty hot. Little flaws like that are cute to me. Anything that makes the woman seem like a fellow human and not this perfect physical specimen from an alien planet.

Cracked/chewed nails also tell me this is a girl who plays rough and doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. I like that kind of spunky personality. :)

• Like 1
skydiveaddict

O my goodness. Painted toes are the sexiest.

Guys notice and comment on my nail polishes all the time. So yeah, in my experience they do like it, and it's kind of annoying. Another thing I feel like I have to take care of, not that I always do.

• Like 2

Not a man, but when I've had my nails done in nice colors or the classic French, men have complimented me on it, so many notice and like it. One of my guy friends once remarked that this certain polish made my fingers look delicious loll :laugh:. I understood what he meant, it was a "juicy, fruity" pink color, which was very glossy and matched my skin tone well, so it did have a yummy look I suppose. I also dated one guy who found french manicures sexy and always liked when I had that done when my nails were long.

Not if you get gel/shellac...which lasts two weeks without chipping and stays glossy!

Once I discovered that, I never got a regular mani again, unless I do it myself and just want it to last a day or so.

• Like 1
Guys notice and comment on my nail polishes all the time. So yeah, in my experience they do like it, and it's kind of annoying. Another thing I feel like I have to take care of, not that I always do.

Ditto. I've always gotten compliments on my nail polish. I like doing my nails though, I think they look so good!! I think it just makes you look more put together and that's basically the feedback I've gotten.

And as I've mentioned before, I kinda have a complex cos I dated a guy who was a total dickkkkkkkkk when my nails were chipped and basically made me feel like a slob for it :mad:

anyway I just think it looks better.

I actually think chewed up nails are pretty hot. Little flaws like that are cute to me. Anything that makes the woman seem like a fellow human and not this perfect physical specimen from an alien planet.

Cracked/chewed nails also tell me this is a girl who plays rough and doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. I like that kind of spunky personality. :)

LOL you read an awful lot into nail polish.

Yes I like nail polish on girls. I do notice and I usually will compliment them on it. It also shows me that she likes to take care of herself.