The happy thread v2.0

I really loved the old ones, but haven't seen many of them around recently and didn't want to necro those from months past... so, I'll give it a shot. :)

I've done a bit of reflecting recently, about what has happened in my life over the past few years. One of the things that stands out is my R :love: - we've really come a long way, I think, and grown immensely as a couple and as individuals during our transition from early-20s college kids to mid-20s graduates.

Probably some of the most important lessons we learnt together the last couple of years: How to resolve conflict while taking into account individual conflict styles, how to pick our battles, how to agree to disagree. We're both fiery sorts in our own way, and very opinionated - so it's hard to believe that the last big argument we had was probably a year ago. :laugh:

Aside from the R going well, I'm actually doing surprisingly well in grad school (there was a point when I thought I was never going to make it), have managed to take big steps in resolving some health issues that have been plaguing me most of my life, and obtained PR in a country that I love.

So, I'm feeling pretty spiffy right now. :o

How about you? Share your happy thoughts and liven this damned depressing place up a little. :laugh:

• Like 13
todreaminblue

i am grateful for little shopping trolleys i hardly ever use them because i have a big family

today, i get use one soon actually, im procrastinating, really dont feel like shopping for food...hence my happiness with little shopping trolleys

i am grateful and so happy i only have little money today....see above about little shopping trolley and not wanting to shop.......

i am grateful when the police rang my phone last night and said they were ringing me concerning my daughter.......that she was alive......because i nearly died when he said that...i am grateful and happy i didnt die

i am grateful that they were wonderful police officers who drove her home and were concenred for her safety....

i am blissfully happy for the officers of the law who care about the community and serve and protect because they love to..i am happy to be reminded of a younger me joining the defence force for my love of people...serve....and protect.......that thought is alive and kicking today.....

i am happy to have met pam and corey who introduced themselves by their first name and made me feel human......police officers so deserve more pay than what they get i am happy to pray for a rise to all law enforcement officers.........i dont think i really like my daughter at the moment...i am happy to say ...i will love her again in an hour and just be disappointed....remembers phone call.....not yet...slinks off procrastinating

Edited by todreaminblue
  • Like 5
We just bought a new couch today and put a new bed in lay away. Both are extremely comfortable.:bunny:

Haha, we bought a couch too!

Also I've gotten to a point where I need to hire someone just to serve all my clients, which means business is booming haha.

• Like 6
You are seriously a weird cat :).

Nah he ain't half weird. My wife puts ketchup on her chocolate chip cookies. I refuse to kiss her unless she brushes her teeth haha.

• Like 8
todreaminblue
I'm happy about nothing!!!!!!!!! Wait I'm going to make fried eggs soon. Also I'm going to put sugar on them.

lol....dont forget tomato sauce.....with sugar and fried egg.....hyperness will surely follow you will be happy about everything till you crash ...deb

• Like 4

Happy that my year long separation is over since ex filed for divorce I won't have to save up to do so myself. Big weight off my shoulders there. Soon the whole thing will be over.

• Like 4

I'm very happy being single as things stand - I feel as though where dating is concerned I've mastered the art of contentment - as a result I feel............content :D

• Like 8

Breaking Bad just aired the best episode of the series so far and Eminem titled his new album Marshall Mathers 2 with a single coming on Tuesday.

What a day :):):):):):)

• Like 6

I pretty much have everything I've ever dreamed of.

My son got his exam grades and can stay on at 6th form, and he also got a job in a local supermarket that will enable him to save for driving lessons/car.

The sun is shining today.

Our living room and dining room will both be finished in about ten days.

I'm reacquainting myself with my love of books.

I fall in love more every day.

I love that our refrigerator has an ice dispenser.

• Like 5
  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this thread til denise_xo liked it. Reading it makes me happy all over again. :laugh:

Thanks, denise!

If anyone is interested in an update, I've just finished grad school (or at least the part of grad school that I'd intended to do) and am currently at a career crossroads. The R is still going well. :)

• Like 7
WrinkledForehead

I've reflected quite a bit these last several months on my personal progress. 5 years ago I moved to a new house and my R started going down the drain. I left the father of my kids when I was 3 months pregnant with my son, and about 4 months after moving to this new place.

I was heavily in debt each month and couldn't even feed my DD. Coworkers were bringing me bags of groceries. In these last 5 years, I've started school (and am rocking it!), moved up a bit in the workforce and started making enough money to afford dinners out on the occasion, and just really changed my life around from what it was with my ex.

In addition, my mathematical skills have expanded exponentially. I went from "failing" the placement test I took for math for college (scored 32 out of 120 pts), to achieving an A in college calculus last semester. I am SO proud of what I've learned in that area in the last two years.

• Like 7

Hah, this thread was started on my birthday! Less than a week away aswell.....

I'm still not dating (and still content - a little!) but I've had a transformative year. I'm a fundraiser now, I'm a step closer to being a piano teacher, and I'm slightly more confident than before. Still got more to do, but I'm very happy :D.

• Like 7

I'm happy today because I've started therapy and I'm on my way to having a much healthier relationship with my husband (who has started his own therapy).

My baby will be here soon, which fills me with the most incredible joy and anticipation I've ever felt before :love:. Just so excited to be a mommy!!!

• Like 11
todreaminblue

i am happy to be on earth, i am happy i have a loving mum and sister and offspring......i am happy love shack has a happiness thread ...i am happy candypants liked one of my posts and bought me back to the happiness thread....

i am happy i have a rottie called xena...i happy for rosemary....and roast lamb......i am happy i can go shopping today and buy rosemary....and lamb.....i am happy to think about becoming vegan....but my last supper of meat will be....roast lamb....and rosemary...i am happy for the song thread .....that is a song in my heart today...i am happy i have a song in my heart today..

lol i am happy that i will piss people off with my song that is in my heart today...i have two songs.... all are songs no one really likes anymore........smilin.....i actually think everyone loves them but they are not cool to love.....people deny deny deny ...but love them deep down...deb

• Like 6

That i have my wonderful girlfriend in my life :D thankful for every day since i first met her.

That i have a new job to look forward to starting soon :D

• Like 7

I am happy our break was so awesome, staying in some wonderful places and meeting some wonderful people. I am happy to have such a great H, and love just how well we get on. I am happy that even though the weather is awful, we had sunshine and warmth while we were away and I'm happy all the rain has filled our water butts so we can fill our hot tub with rainwater instead of tap water and I'm happy to have a pile of things I'm keen to read and a nice warm duvet to creep under if it gets too cold.

I'm grateful to have shelter, and mindful that others are sleeping rough in bad weather. I'm grateful that I'm not a minority living in fear of my life on my street, or under thread of bombardment in my home. I'm grateful to have had an education that has made me aware of my rights, and grateful to be a citizen of a country with one of the most progressive constitutions in the world. I am grateful for how small my biggest problems are and how readily I have access to resolving them.

• Like 5
todreaminblue

i am happy that god gives gifts to people....like the ability to sing to play the piano, to create art for me to look at...i am grateful fro all the writers ,the poets, the journalists who risk their lives just to bring news to light ...... for people who get up and go to work everyday in jobs that if they didnt do the world will be a horrible place to live......like plumbers.....like sewerage plant workers......and the guys who work with anchovies and fish all day...i am grateful they work with anchovies and fish ....so the penguins at sea world gt fed........

i am grateful for the check out chicks.the service station peoples..the nurses the doctors who are good doctors.....i am grateful for the smile from the lady at the supermarket yesterday she was from my church and i realized yay i get to church on sunday when i saw her...i am grateful for soup sunday adn teh fact i am going to flex my soup making muscles........and i am grateful i can express and have the freedom to follow my faith and go to church without contention .......i am also grateful for red velvet cupcakes.....no i havent eaten any....but my daughter loves them and i can bribe her......with red velvet cupcakes......deb

• Like 5

I'm loving all these "feel good", "bonding", "lovey dovey" hormones :love:. I feel so connected to my husband. Every little thing he's doing makes me love him more. We giggle so much, we work together as a team, I catch him staring at me with a sexy look in his eye, he LOVES my pregnant body, and we've been making out to various types of music just to see how it affects the mood :bunny:.

• Like 4
  • Author
Hah, this thread was started on my birthday! Less than a week away aswell.....

I'm still not dating (and still content - a little!) but I've had a transformative year. I'm a fundraiser now, I'm a step closer to being a piano teacher, and I'm slightly more confident than before. Still got more to do, but I'm very happy :D.

I know, right??? It's been almost a year since I started the thread. How time flies... (yes, I'm aware I sound about 70 when I say that :lmao:)

Happy birthday, Who!

• Like 2
  • Author
I'm loving all these "feel good", "bonding", "lovey dovey" hormones :love:. I feel so connected to my husband. Every little thing he's doing makes me love him more. We giggle so much, we work together as a team, I catch him staring at me with a sexy look in his eye, he LOVES my pregnant body, and we've been making out to various types of music just to see how it affects the mood :bunny:.

Oh la la. :love:

When's the big date estimated to be?

• Like 2