Hopeless romantics?

miss_jaclynrae

I know there must be a few on here! :love:

I have my moments of realistic views, but since I was young I have always been a hopeless romantic. As my best friend said, I was "in love with love." My last marriage gave me a rude awakening, but ultimately I still hold on to the fairy tale ending, and the fairy tale ending. :laugh:

• Like 3

Yeah I guess I'm one. Because I want my first ever LTR to be my last. So I have continued holding out for the person who comes into my life and knocks me off my feet. That's who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I believe it'll be like the movies where I meet her and we make eye contact and we just know.

I like the idea of having someone custom tailored to your personality and wants and needs and all that stuff. A soul mate, if you will.

• Like 5
Eternal Sunshine

I am one.

Probably the biggest one on this board :p. Even tough I have had some bad experiences that made me cynical on the surface, I believe in true love and soul mates. I also believe that you "just know". Like all romantic movies coming together. Exactly what my mum tells me love is not :laugh:

• Like 3
aussietigerwolf

yeah I used to be one... that fantasy kinda got killed though. however, sometimes, life actually hands you a fairytale.

I am a hopeless romantic.

I think part of that is why I've had relationship struggles, I've always believed in the romantic notion that once you're with someone, that's it. I throw myself in wholeheartedly and do everything in my power to save things when they go wrong.

Regardless of everything that's happened to me, I still believe he's out there. And that he'll sweep me off my feet when the time is right and we'll ride our white horses into the sunset :)

• Like 2
Eternal Sunshine
I am a hopeless romantic.

I think part of that is why I've had relationship struggles, I've always believed in the romantic notion that once you're with someone, that's it. I throw myself in wholeheartedly and do everything in my power to save things when they go wrong.

Regardless of everything that's happened to me, I still believe he's out there. And that he'll sweep me off my feet when the time is right and we'll ride our white horses into the sunset :)

That's how I picture it too :love:

• Like 1

Checking in.

I'm just a sucker for exaggerated romance, I'm not delusional enough to believe it'll actually happen to me though. :laugh:

Where's my damn princess in a castle huh? :mad:

• Like 2
Checking in.

I'm just a sucker for exaggerated romance, I'm not delusional enough to believe it'll actually happen to me though. :laugh:

Where's my damn princess in a castle huh? :mad:

You rang :love::laugh:.

I am a hopeless romantic. An utter fool for love. And despite however many times that notion has been stomped to bits I know that it's true. And if this life is what I make of it then I will keep hoping and praying and wishing.

The problem with me, and I assume others like me, is that since we know what we're looking for we often leave a trail of broken hearts behind us. I know I have. Men tend to see that hopeless romantic part of me and project their own fantasies on me.

But just because I believe in "The One" doesn't mean I am "The One" for them!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
miss_jaclynrae

Being a hopeless romantic, that moment I met my man will always stand out to me. Talk about instant connection, love at first site if you will... :love: Not a word to one another and it was so overwhelming!

I could tell you what he was wearing, and it is so cute to me looking back, because he sounded so polite and sweet...

It is exactly how he is. :D

Being a hopeless romantic has it's downfalls though. In all my movies they don't show a lot of things, a big one being everyday life. Getting annoyed at each other for not doing the dishes. :p

So when life doesn't feel like it is going how I want, [we are busy and haven't had a date night, or I haven't gotten spoiled in a while] I let it get to my head too much. That is where I am also lucky though, I tell my man all of this, thus my quote below.

:laugh:

Even thinking about those situations makes me giggle, because as annoying as he can get, and how angry he has made me sometimes, our good times are so much better than the ones in the movies!

The only qualm I have is that people in those movies are always far wealthier and afford some things that I wish we could.

thefooloftheyear

Its a great thing to shoot for....Who wouldn't want that type of experience in their lives :love:

Its just very rare, in my experience...I have a cousin like this....Very attractive woman and has a high level position in a Fortune 500 company..She is now in her 40's and still looking to "be swept off her feet"...Shes been in countless relationships..Some of these guys seemed like solid prospects, it just seems like if everything isnt perfect, she bails..

Most successful relationships require a great deal of work and compromise..It may not all be butterflies, but there is a mutial respect and admiration..Life and stress has a way to throw a wrench into the romantic side of it...as do kids...Its important to not let it get too blase...

I wish all find the one that makes them feel special...Its a great thing..

TFY

• Like 1
Yeah I guess I'm one. Because I want my first ever LTR to be my last. So I have continued holding out for the person who comes into my life and knocks me off my feet. That's who I want to spend the rest of my life with.

I believe it'll be like the movies where I meet her and we make eye contact and we just know.

I like the idea of having someone custom tailored to your personality and wants and needs and all that stuff. A soul mate, if you will.

-- I like you Castle... I like you a whole lot here in the LoveShack land... and reading what you wrote above I could have written it myself... So,please, do not take this in a defensive tone but rather as a sincere and curious inquiry: What are you holding out? With all your experience and your written tales what will your LTR woman receive from you that you won't have given to any other of your casual and respected partners?

• Like 1
  • Author
miss_jaclynrae
-- I like you Castle... I like you a whole lot here in the LoveShack land... and reading what you wrote above I could have written it myself... So,please, do not take this in a defensive tone but rather as a sincere and curious inquiry: What are you holding out? With all your experience and your written tales what will your LTR woman receive from you that you won't have given to any other of your casual and respected partners?

What does that matter if he treats them the same?

With how awesome he is with all women, imagine how much he will love and cherish her if he finds "the one"?

• Like 1
What does that matter if he treats them the same?

With how awesome he is with all women, imagine how much he will love and cherish her if he finds "the one"?

It was just pertaining to his idea that he was "holding out" for the one. I was just curious about it, that's all. Because if he treats them " the same" as you supposedly just assumed by your question, then he isn't holding out anything for " the one", is he? ... I don't know, maybe, I am operating from the understanding that a woman wants to feel special and that she's receiving something that other women have not, hence making her "the one". Just like men, I would think.

• Author
miss_jaclynrae
It was just pertaining to his idea that he was "holding out" for the one. I was just curious about it, that's all. Because if he treats them " the same" as you supposedly just assumed by your question, then he isn't holding out anything for " the one", is he? ... I don't know, maybe, I am operating from the understanding that a woman wants to feel special and that she's receiving something that other women have not, hence making her "the one". Just like men, I would think.

Not at all... the "one" is completely different from all other women.

It is THE woman.

• Like 1
Not at all... the "one" is completely different from all other women.

It is THE woman.

Okay. I don't think you understood my point.

That she will be "THE woman" for him, in his mind when he meets her, that much is clear. He will know it.

But how will she know? If she will be treated the same as his casual flings, if she receives the same treatment as the women with whom he merely had sex. What actions is Castle " holding out" on that would make her feel like she's special and not simply treated like Sandy, the beauty met at Meat packing District a Saturday night for example.

Okay. I don't think you understood my point.

That she will be "THE woman" for him, in his mind when he meets her, that much is clear. He will know it.

But how will she know? If she will be treated the same as his casual flings, if she receives the same treatment as the women with whom he merely had sex. What actions is Castle " holding out" on that would make her feel like she's special and not simply treated like Sandy, the beauty met at Meat packing District a Saturday night for example.

Mmmm.....how about his LOVE?

My man is like castle. He's had plenty of experience but never been in love, so far. Should I feel insecure because he's had other women? Should I feel bad that maybe he treated them well and has feelings for some? Nope. Because in the end, after all that experience and all those women, I ended up being "The One". And that is better than perfect.

• Like 3
Eternal Sunshine

His love and commitment? :confused:

I don't really get your question.

• Like 1
His love and commitment? :confused:

I don't really get your question.

My question was not even that important. It was mere curiosity and I just wanted to have Castle's opinion.

He claimed that he was "holding out" for his soulmate. One, however, (like you suggested) cannot "hold out" on love and commitment. Love just emerges you as you do not necessarily decide when and with whom you'll fall in love. They just naturally come at you.

So I assumed Castle meant he was "holding out" on actions that would only be directed to the woman with whom he'd fall in love with. Some might "hold out" on casual sex and only "make love" to the one they will fall in love with, others engage in casual sex but do not show romanticism to their casual partners etc...

Anyway, was just curious.

Well, obviously I have to chime in on a thread like this. :)

But yeah, I definitely believe in true love, soul mate, love at first sight...all of it. Even before I experienced it.

I'll never forget a conversation I had with my first gf after we had broken up. I'll spare you the context of it all, but I basically told her that I knew I had the capacity to love and give my all to someone who deserved it and that, one day, I would be utterly and completely happy.

And it came true. :)

• Like 3

Ah, I just remembered the very first time my man and I locked eyes.

It was strong, powerful, almost painful. A few seconds, in that full room of people, and I felt his eyes literally pierce the back of my head. It was magnetic, tantalizing when I turned my head and I met his gaze. Damn it! It gives me damn butterflies even a year later and even he is miles away for me. Now when we talk about it during our date nights and we remember the beginning of our love I find so romantic when he's unable to explain his feelings but just mutters " I can't explain it. I just knew..."