He left me hanging - playing hard-to-get and likes another girl?

ninesyllables

I liked this guy from the start. He texted me a lot. We used to be close. He has always been sweet to me. His close friend once told me that this guy liked me. We’ve known each other for almost 4 years now and last year he confessed. He said he liked me but I didn’t tell him straight away that I liked him too, because he confessed in a foreign language which I didn’t understand. He asked me to figure out the meaning myself, he didn’t want to tell me. I confessed on his birthday, which was about 4 months later. I know it’s a pretty long period but I felt such a nuisance texting him just to tell him I like him back. This is because we had a really important examination to deal with. When I confessed, he said I made him all blushy. It has been almost 8 months since I confessed now. During this period, we have only chatted 3 times and those chats were about 15 minutes, one minute, 10 minutes or so… As you can see, we’ve drifted off. I’ve always thought that he hasn’t asked me out because he’s shy. He doesn't text me first anymore. But then I came across his website recently and he says that he has a crush on someone who’s not from my school. But he says it’s kind of hopeless and he says he’s “STILL LOOKING” and “SOME ONE ELSE MIGHT COME.” I don’t really get him, don’t I exist? This girl who he confessed to and likes him back? Someone who actually cares for him? I don’t know what to do. Seriously.

Philosoraptor

Doesn't sound like you're his first choice, which is why even though he knows you like him, he's done nothing about it in 8 months. I'd let it go and find someone who reciprocates the feelings.