Friendships between married women and/or married men

Xmarksthespot

Hi, I have heard before that women that are married shouldn't be friends with men why is that? Vice versa as well...that men that are married shouldn't have women friends. I have been told that men and women that are married should be each others friend. The reason for me wanting opinons is..I'm about to get married in a few weeks and I have a friend thats a man. We have been friends for years and thats all we are. My s/o doesn't seem to have a problem with it either. I just keep getting people saying I should drop my friend because hes a man and it could cause conflict in my marriage. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

if it doesn't bother your fiance, then don't worry about it. just don't let it become a problem. and just nod and smile when people give you advice :rolleyes: . or tell them off :mad: . or tell them about how what you're actually going to is so much better :) . you know, whatever you feel like ;).

My s/o doesn't seem to have a problem with it either.

If your fiance knows your friend, is familiar with your relationship, and is absolutely comfortable with it, then there's no problem! ;)

BTW...Good luck and congrats! :love: