friend/roomate confusion

To make this simple. I have a roommate, great gal, she has some family related issues, kids..ex husband, I have been her friend for about two years. She used to call me all the time and I would cheer her up. She moved away and was miserable., she moved back, moved in with me then moved in with her crazy sister... (not healthy for her at all) we she had enough and she asked to move back in.. now she is living with me, on occasion she says I am her friend, then she struts around in skimpy clothes and lay in front of me in a very sexy fashion at times.

She knows I care for her. We have very serious talks (down to earth) about her kids, and her messed up life. her kids really like me, one of them wants to stay with us.

Now she is starting to explain her friends to me as in he is only a friend to her, then she will tell me that she has plans then proceeds to me her plans fell through,.. She explains a lot of what she is doing to me like a report sometimes.

We have tons and tons in common, both like and want the same thing but I have never made a move on her.

She always runs to me in a time of any trouble, mind you she has no boyfriends just two kids and a screwed up pain in the ass EX.....

Another girl friend of mine said she is probably crazy about you but is scared to say anything. Hell I am naïve to say the least... So is she.. lol...

She barked at me the other day when she said she was going to cut her hair, and I told her that would be interesting to say the least.. She got sort of short with me ...then blared out what do you care statement as like a pissed of girl friend would say...

I do not get it.. Am I stupid or her moving back is a sin she want to be with me? she always tell me she has plenty of places to move instead of here but her she is.....

Help... me.. understand.. She is 39 .. and a great gal.... But I am blind....

To make this simple. I have a roommate, great gal, she has some family related issues, kids..ex husband, I have been her friend for about two years. She used to call me all the time and I would cheer her up. She moved away and was miserable., she moved back, moved in with me then moved in with her crazy sister... (not healthy for her at all) we she had enough and she asked to move back in.. now she is living with me, on occasion she says I am her friend, then she struts around in skimpy clothes and lay in front of me in a very sexy fashion at times.

She knows I care for her. We have very serious talks (down to earth) about her kids, and her messed up life. her kids really like me, one of them wants to stay with us.

Now she is starting to explain her friends to me as in he is only a friend to her, then she will tell me that she has plans then proceeds to me her plans fell through,.. She explains a lot of what she is doing to me like a report sometimes.

We have tons and tons in common, both like and want the same thing but I have never made a move on her.

She always runs to me in a time of any trouble, mind you she has no boyfriends just two kids and a screwed up pain in the ass EX.....

Another girl friend of mine said she is probably crazy about you but is scared to say anything. Hell I am naïve to say the least... So is she.. lol...

She barked at me the other day when she said she was going to cut her hair, and I told her that would be interesting to say the least.. She got sort of short with me ...then blared out what do you care statement as like a pissed of girl friend would say...

I do not get it.. Am I stupid or her moving back is a sin she want to be with me? she always tell me she has plenty of places to move instead of here but her she is.....

Help... me.. understand.. She is 39 .. and a great gal.... But I am blind....

From your post it sounds like you really think she likes you, but you doubt yourself and you aren't sure. Plant a kiss on her one day and find out. If she's a true friend, you'll be able to get past it. If she wants more, you'll find that out too.

Aren't you curious to know? The quickest and easiest way to figure it out is to just kiss her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
From your post it sounds like you really think she likes you, but you doubt yourself and you aren't sure. Plant a kiss on her one day and find out. If she's a true friend, you'll be able to get past it. If she wants more, you'll find that out too.

Aren't you curious to know? The quickest and easiest way to figure it out is to just kiss her.

I guess you are right.. She says one thing then acts like another.. We went out last Saturday all day and most of the night we were partying, laughing , singing, pawing each other, and having a great time.. Then the next morning she was stone cold and took off to her friends house for the night...

Now she asked me to take over custody of her kids if she should die, I am confused....

Her friend is a guy, whose is in AA a couple of days a week, bible thumper, and is a recovering drug addict. and to boot a salesman.. What a formula... He is playing her like a deck of cards, although she says he is just a friend.. I do believe her for the most part... But I do not trust the "player" ..He say what she wants to her.. but I digress..

I have some friends say tell her you want her in a long-term relationships and tell you love her. Either she buys in or she runs...

Bewildered?

Edited by freshlife
  • 3 weeks later...
I guess you are right.. She says one thing then acts like another.. We went out last Saturday all day and most of the night we were partying, laughing , singing, pawing each other, and having a great time.. Then the next morning she was stone cold and took off to her friends house for the night...

Now she asked me to take over custody of her kids if she should die, I am confused....

Her friend is a guy, whose is in AA a couple of days a week, bible thumper, and is a recovering drug addict. and to boot a salesman.. What a formula... He is playing her like a deck of cards, although she says he is just a friend.. I do believe her for the most part... But I do not trust the "player" ..He say what she wants to her.. but I digress..

I have some friends say tell her you want her in a long-term relationships and tell you love her. Either she buys in or she runs...

Bewildered?

She's dating this guy but stringing you along for the attention and support. I hate to be harsh, but that's my honest take. Make a move on her and see what happens, but honestly I think you're much better off finding someone else. She's attracted to trouble.

you got friendzoned buddy. She probably gave up waiting for you to make a move.

It's not a good idea to move a girl into your house with kids if you're a single man. That just doesn't work out that well and the roles in that situation can be confusing.

Figure out what you want from this girl and make a decision.