Anyone find it easier to speak online to people?

Well, anyone find this to be the case? I think it's easier to speak to girls online than it is in person, thoughts? Reason being I can always close my Facebook/Twitter account if it gets too much or something; thoughts?

Of course it is. We are hiding behind a keyboard. The downfall is that things can be mis-interpreted.

• Author
Of course it is. We are hiding behind a keyboard. The downfall is that things can be mis-interpreted.

True, you have time to think about what to say and with Twitter or Facebook you can always block the person and never speak to them again, I think it's easier speaking to people online.

What's other peoples views on this?

Edited by Liquinn

Its easier to speak online because we aren't face to to face with the other person. We are able to have a 'delay' within our conversations whereas in person if we were to pause or delay it it becomes an awkward silence between the both of you. But it depends on how close you are with the person. Plus over the computer you dont face the fear of rejection if you dont like what the person said or whatever you just block them and delete them.

rabbledabble

It definitely is. However, you have to make sure your online persona matching up with your real life persona so we don't get into confusion. Whenever I'm talking to someone new online I send a few funny/ugly pictures of myself as a joke just so they know I'm not some perfect photoshop queen so they don't expect that if we ever met.

I've always found personal, face to face interaction to be more meaningful and 'easier'. Perhaps that's a reflection of a large portion of my life occurring before 'online'.

MercuryMorrison1

Of course talking online is easier for most people. Being online gives you a level of anonymity that is simply not attainable in a face to face conversation. Being online gives you the option to simply block someone or turn your computer off if things get to dicey.

This is where internet trolls have emerged and flourished from. They come online and say things to people that they would NEVER say to someone face to face, simply because of the level of anonymity they posses online.

However in sharp contrast, despite being online giving unprecedented levels of anonymity, I find that in the long run face to face conversation is usually far more rewarding.

• Author
Of course talking online is easier for most people. Being online gives you a level of anonymity that is simply not attainable in a face to face conversation. Being online gives you the option to simply block someone or turn your computer off if things get to dicey.

This is where internet trolls have emerged and flourished from. They come online and say things to people that they would NEVER say to someone face to face, simply because of the level of anonymity they posses online.

However in sharp contrast, despite being online giving unprecedented levels of anonymity, I find that in the long run face to face conversation is usually far more rewarding.

I tell people things about me that I wouldn't say face to face, if that makes sense?

MercuryMorrison1
I tell people things about me that I wouldn't say face to face, if that makes sense?

Yeah it makes sense. I'm guessing that its easier for you to talk about things online that it is person to person...I think its probably this way for most people. Its just less personal talking over the internet and because it is such its easier to express feelings that we wouldn't normally let out if we were face to face.

Helsinkisyndrome

Easier to approach someone because even if you get rejected it isn't as bad as performing the walk of shame when he/she rejects you in person.