Do women like guys with long hair?

zero_infinity

I've been growing my hair out for about a year now and it is about shoulder length. I was wondering if women like long hair on guys or if i should cut my hair short again.

I personally would not touch a guy with long hair with a ten foot pole. I have only ever been attracted to guys with short hair, and my friends feel the same. Long hair on guys usually looks unkempt and unclean. Even if it is well managed, it just looks like the guy is either too lazy to get the chop or trying too hard to look different. Long hair went out with 1977.

I'm not saying go get a buzz cut or anything, but you'll open the door to more girls if you get a decent hairstyle. It can mean the difference bwteen you looking like an achiever rather than a slacker. Of course, if you're into the goth or grunge scene, or keen to join an extremist liberal group on campus, then keep growing it.

livnnlrnin

Maybe I'm stuck in the seventies, but I still like to see a guy with long hair, providing he's clean.

Different strokes for different folks!

:cool:

reasontosigh

I'm not stuck anywhere! I happen to love long hair on guys!!!! :love:

It was never a favourite of mine, but on the right fellow it can look very good. Bottom line - if you feel it's 'you', then it will attract someone who likes 'you' as you like to be.

EnigmaXOXO

I absolutely LOVE long hair. :love: It's been a quirky little fetish of mine ever since I was about ten years old. (I probably watched a few too many Tarzan movies. :o)

But I'm not the only gal out there who appreciates a man with a healthy mane. My boyfriend is CONSTANTLY approached by women and the first thing they always comment on is his hair. It's blond, wavy and hangs down to his waist. It drives the ladies wild!

As a matter of fact, just last week when we were dropping his truck off, the girl behind the counter at Firestone commented on how she wished her boyfriend would grow his hair long like J's. Heck, I even dragged him into Joanne’s Fabrics with me one day and the old ladies behind the register were fawning all over him! :laugh: I've never been with any other man who got so much attention just because of his hair! And he doesn't look 'sloppy' or unkempt. He keeps it pulled back most of the time and even works in an office environment.

I think if you want to grow your hair, than you should give it a go. But please...NO MULLETS! :sick:

Pyrannaste

Long hair can look great and sexy on some guys (expecially if it's always very clean and well kept), and horrible and gross on others.

A male friend of mine (who looks *exactly* like Legolas from Lord of the Rings apart from pointed ears) has gorgeous long hair that many women would envy!!!

dudesomewhere

it's all iffy, some like some don't just as any other preferences

I don't care about long hair but currently mine's long, I'd say uni length down to the bottom of my neck. It's long cuz my hair grows too damn fast and I'd be even poorer if I had hair cuts all the time :p . Before this it was buzzed.

Here's some fun for you to think on. Before, my hair was past my man boobies then I buzzed and not only that but took a razor to the scalp. Then I let it grow out to what it is now. If I was rich I'd have my head shaved everyday...but damn that hurts. How do some guys do it? Do you have to be balding on top to make it work? I wish I was slick bald...hairless is the way to go baby! hehe.

Yeah, lots of people love my hair. I tell them I'm going to cut it and they go "nooooooo", lol. I makes the ladies swoon....then they find out I have no money or weed and then it's splitsville!

ehehheehheehe...yes I'm a gigantic goofball

:D

Sure they do--the same way some girls prefer a certain color of hair, or a body type. The only guys I have dated all have had very long, dark hair. Some girls like a guy to be clean cut, some like hippie types, some like athletic looking guys, etc.

What's more important is that if you like having longer hair, why chop it off just to impress someone? Be content with who you are. Just keep if clean, use a hair detangler and conditioner a lot if it tends to be dry--women who like long hair usually like to touch it as well.

Dulce_Angel_Whispers

I love long haired guys especially hispanic guys with nice black shiny hair! He has to take good care of it though! Nothing worse than a greasy haired guy! :sick:

shortbus74

When I was a teenager I loved guys with long hair (the whole rock star look)

Now that I am older I love guys with a shaved head. (the skinhead/punk look) :love:

It is all a matter of preference......

I like guys with long hair, but I also like a shaved head. Doesn't make sense, but those are my two favorites!

Long hair is better than no hair in my book :p

Seriously though, it doesn't make much of a difference to me (long or short, just not bald) as long as it's clean and not scraggaly.

2SidestoStories

I have to agree with most of the ladies that have replied here...I happen to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE long hair on guys, but if it's not well maintained, it's just as unappealing to me as spiky-gelled short hair on most fellows I've seen around lately.

sallyhurts

my bf hair is just below his shoulders now.

his is longer than mine!!

hehe

i love it.

i always get weak in the knees for boys with nice long hair.

• 1 year later...
BrainRightHeartWrong

I have long hair, i'm just about to go into the bath and try and get the knots out of it all

i am having a space type thing with my gf right now but hopefully not ex, but i really suit long hair, all my aunties think i look fantastic with it and I know my gf / ex gf would not have looked at me without it

i sort of have the face and dark complexion that suits it

Another grave resurrected thread.

I'm gonna make a statement on this.

I love a guy with LONG hair provided he takes care of it. Especially if its brown, soft, has a little wave to it. I love playing with a man's hair..

I love bald/shaven men also. The back of a bald mans head is a turn on for me.

I don't like the long unkept hair. Wash it, brush it, and let it hang.