LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > General > General Relationship Discussion

Do women like guys with long hair?

General Relationship Discussion Everything else under the sun. Not sure where to post? This is the place!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2004, 9:44 PM   #1

Do women like guys with long hair?

I've been growing my hair out for about a year now and it is about shoulder length. I was wondering if women like long hair on guys or if i should cut my hair short again.
Old 16th May 2004, 9:51 PM   #2
Whywonder

This is a subjective issue

I personally would not touch a guy with long hair with a ten foot pole. I have only ever been attracted to guys with short hair, and my friends feel the same. Long hair on guys usually looks unkempt and unclean. Even if it is well managed, it just looks like the guy is either too lazy to get the chop or trying too hard to look different. Long hair went out with 1977.

I'm not saying go get a buzz cut or anything, but you'll open the door to more girls if you get a decent hairstyle. It can mean the difference bwteen you looking like an achiever rather than a slacker. Of course, if you're into the goth or grunge scene, or keen to join an extremist liberal group on campus, then keep growing it.
Old 17th May 2004, 12:06 AM   #3

Maybe I'm stuck in the seventies, but I still like to see a guy with long hair, providing he's clean.

Different strokes for different folks!

livnnlrnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 12:17 AM   #4
Established Member

I'm not stuck anywhere! I happen to love long hair on guys!!!!

I, Dave, hath chosen to also photo with long lense which protrudes from my camera of life force and shows falic symbol erected in direction of assembled love mass. .... but telephoto lense being hard and erect will attract many horny love-sturved babes to my shift before deadline and I will go into press room behind ink barrel to press lense into soft, velvet case and make love froever more. .....
reasontosigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 12:23 AM   #5
Established Member

It was never a favourite of mine, but on the right fellow it can look very good. Bottom line - if you feel it's 'you', then it will attract someone who likes 'you' as you like to be.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to my fellow creatures, let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
moimeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 8:26 AM   #6
Established Member

Thumbs up

I absolutely LOVE long hair. It's been a quirky little fetish of mine ever since I was about ten years old. (I probably watched a few too many Tarzan movies. )

But I'm not the only gal out there who appreciates a man with a healthy mane. My boyfriend is CONSTANTLY approached by women and the first thing they always comment on is his hair. It's blond, wavy and hangs down to his waist. It drives the ladies wild!

As a matter of fact, just last week when we were dropping his truck off, the girl behind the counter at Firestone commented on how she wished her boyfriend would grow his hair long like J's. Heck, I even dragged him into Joanne’s Fabrics with me one day and the old ladies behind the register were fawning all over him! I've never been with any other man who got so much attention just because of his hair! And he doesn't look 'sloppy' or unkempt. He keeps it pulled back most of the time and even works in an office environment.

I think if you want to grow your hair, than you should give it a go. But please...NO MULLETS!
Old 17th May 2004, 8:38 AM   #7
Established Member

Long hair can look great and sexy on some guys (expecially if it's always very clean and well kept), and horrible and gross on others.
A male friend of mine (who looks *exactly* like Legolas from Lord of the Rings apart from pointed ears) has gorgeous long hair that many women would envy!!!
Old 17th May 2004, 9:01 AM   #8
Established Member

it's all iffy, some like some don't just as any other preferences

I don't care about long hair but currently mine's long, I'd say uni length down to the bottom of my neck. It's long cuz my hair grows too damn fast and I'd be even poorer if I had hair cuts all the time . Before this it was buzzed.

Here's some fun for you to think on. Before, my hair was past my man boobies then I buzzed and not only that but took a razor to the scalp. Then I let it grow out to what it is now. If I was rich I'd have my head shaved everyday...but damn that hurts. How do some guys do it? Do you have to be balding on top to make it work? I wish I was slick bald...hairless is the way to go baby! hehe.

Yeah, lots of people love my hair. I tell them I'm going to cut it and they go "nooooooo", lol. I makes the ladies swoon....then they find out I have no money or weed and then it's splitsville!

ehehheehheehe...yes I'm a gigantic goofball

The 7th Sense. I see skanky people. They lie and cheat but they don't know it.
dudesomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 2:42 PM   #9
Established Member

Sure they do--the same way some girls prefer a certain color of hair, or a body type. The only guys I have dated all have had very long, dark hair. Some girls like a guy to be clean cut, some like hippie types, some like athletic looking guys, etc.

What's more important is that if you like having longer hair, why chop it off just to impress someone? Be content with who you are. Just keep if clean, use a hair detangler and conditioner a lot if it tends to be dry--women who like long hair usually like to touch it as well.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 2:45 PM   #10
Dulce_Angel_Whispers

I love long haired guys especially hispanic guys with nice black shiny hair! He has to take good care of it though! Nothing worse than a greasy haired guy!
Old 17th May 2004, 2:48 PM   #11
Established Member

When I was a teenager I loved guys with long hair (the whole rock star look)
Now that I am older I love guys with a shaved head. (the skinhead/punk look)

It is all a matter of preference......
shortbus74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2004, 6:43 PM   #12
Established Member

I like guys with long hair, but I also like a shaved head. Doesn't make sense, but those are my two favorites!
shamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2004, 4:01 PM   #13
Established Member

Long hair is better than no hair in my book

Seriously though, it doesn't make much of a difference to me (long or short, just not bald) as long as it's clean and not scraggaly.
nikkilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2004, 5:06 PM   #14
Established Member

Thumbs up

I have to agree with most of the ladies that have replied here...I happen to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE long hair on guys, but if it's not well maintained, it's just as unappealing to me as spiky-gelled short hair on most fellows I've seen around lately.
"Mom...The Easter Bunny...HAS EGGS!!" My four year old daughter as she literally falls to the ground laughing hysterically, marking one of the most completely absurd yet strangely fulfilling moments in my life - ever.
2SidestoStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2004, 7:21 PM   #15

my bf hair is just below his shoulders now.
his is longer than mine!!
hehe
i love it.
i always get weak in the knees for boys with nice long hair.
sallyhurts is offline   Reply With Quote