In love with someone in a 9 year relationship

ConflictedConfused

To make a long story short, i've become good friends with a guy who is in a long term relationship. He has been with his girlfriend for 9 years and has been with her since he was a teenager. We are both in our early 20s. He lives with his girlfriend, but they have an open relationship. I talk to him every day and we do things together. I will admit we also have had sex before and when I am talking to him sometimes, his girlfriend makes snide remarks like "your other girlfriend" in the background. Im confused because this guy is my ideal guy and he even said i was his ideal woman before and we have EVERYTHING in common. His girlfriend and him are complete opposites. They dont do anything together or have anything in common but they were there for each other when they were younger when he had a hard life. He has always said he feels she doesnt appreciate him sometimes, and for valentines day he wanted to do something nice for me.

What should I do? I keep telling myself its dumb to think i have a chance with him but i cant stop feeling like he is my perfect man. Ive never felt so strongly about someone before and the fact that he flirts with me and does nice things makes it even harder. I know this might just be because his relationship is open and he wants to have sex, but he lives a bit of a distance from me in the same state so it isnt like it happens very often.

Advice please!

You are wasting your time.

You can keep trying to convince yourself how perfect the two of you are together, and how unperfect things are between him and his girlfriend and how wrong they are for eachother, but at the end of the day he is with her, not you. For whatever reason, he obviously doesn't want to leave her.

What should you do? You should find a guy who doesn't have a girlfriend.