Should I make other plans or wait on him.....

shortbus74

Okay this is really stupid but it is something that matters to me...................

I am turning 30 next month and I was going to go spend two days in New York City (I love the city) with by future husband... But of course plans have changed.... So now we are not going.. I was really looking forward to going :(

He does know that I am some what disappointed.

If he does not plan anything for me do you think it would be wrong to plan a trip with my sister without him..... He is not the "romantic" type...

DON'T wait silently. Either ask him (nicely) if he has anything planned, or just go ahead and make your own plans.

The best option of all may be to say, "I'd love for you to <do X> with me for my birthday. Will you set that up for me, please, darling?" Those who wait for their SOs to read their minds accurately and respond are usually disappointed.

If you want to go on a trip, go on a trip and enjoy yourself! As Solemate said, you can't expect someone else to be pyschic about your ideas. If you ever want to take a trip, ask him in advance if he would be interested in going or not. If he can't/won't go and you still want to, go on the trip.

Tell him you'd really like for him to come with you, and if he can't, you will go with your sister. You can have a good time on a vacation even if your SO isn't there.

• Author
shortbus74

Thanks for the advice.... I do appreciate it.... I just get tired of always being the one who plans....

keep in mind I do not enjoy the ideal of turning 30 but I want it to be something special!