Women, what % of men can feel true love?

Women, what % of men do you think have the ability to feel true love?

By true love I mean they really love the woman for who she is, want to be with her forever, make a commitment, then marry her, then stand by that commitment for the rest of their life or maybe 15 years, remaining faithful the whole time?

I would say 10% of men have this capability, 20% of women.

Hold on, let me just go get a random sample of several thousand men and a control group of several thousand other men for the next 15 years, or maybe 50 years using the variables you listed (gotta give time for couples to die to count as "rest of their lives") and get back to you on that.

Or I can just pick a number...ummm, how about 35%?

Wait, how did you come to yours?

• Like 2

Are you out of your mind? 20% of women? Double the percentage of men? Oh boy, women are so good at brainwashing naive men like you by making many men believe they really like men for who they are. In younger years, women only stick to guys either really good looking or tall ones to have their sexual needs satisfied. Hence after a certain age the percentage of virgin females is much much lower than virgin men. 85% of the women continue to be only attracted to the 15% men and most reject many men who approach them no matter how confident or great they are because they didn't fit their standards looks wise or money wise. Later on once they try settling down, they finally go for the average joes who they mainly rejected all their lives because those guys are finally making money. It's all about the women trying to get the richest man she can find. Due to the lack of good looking or tall men with money available, they tend to settle for less to fulfill their financial needs. Personality doesn't mean crap or else the divorce rate wouldn't be so high after these same men later ended up having financial trouble. If these women truly loved their men, they would support them and be with them through their toughest time and try to find a solution together rather than leaving him stranded and then try taking half his money through court. Men aren't much better but still quite better than women when it comes to true love. Definitely way less superficial than women!

Men 80% women only .000000001%

Because women just love playboys.

It's simple math

playboy in playboy out. that's all there is to it

• Like 1

I think people will think the opposite gender is less capable.

There are some conniving girls out there so I understand why men think women are worse.

Id say they are close to equal with women being more capable. In my circle of friends, my female friends are more capable than my male friends though my male friends arent awful people.

Men tend to be less emotional and care less about whats on the inside. (Notice I said they care less, not that they dont care at all). In my experience, most men are not caring and nurturing like woman CAN be. Society dictates women are the more caring nurturing types and I think it has a biological basis as well.

When I read through threads here, I found one where somebody said a divorce attorney said emotional neglect is one the most cited reasons on divorce papers and that when describing actual emotional neglect, many men dont see a problem with it. That right there shows you how unemotional men are. There are always individual exceptions though

I also think for the most part, men cannot be sexually satisfied with one woman for the rest of their life. I really struggle with the idea of me getting married since Ive come to this realization and I really think Id be happy never getting married.

• Like 2
Women, what % of men do you think have the ability to feel true love?

By true love I mean they really love the woman for who she is, want to be with her forever, make a commitment, then marry her, then stand by that commitment for the rest of their life or maybe 15 years, remaining faithful the whole time?

I would say 10% of men have this capability, 20% of women.

Nearly all of the men in my family seem to be able to pull it off... which is why I'm not settling for the schlubs who think that dating me or having a 'relationship' as long as it's convenient is a big compliment.

Don't know what that does to your percentage.

Are you out of your mind? 20% of women? Double the percentage of men? Oh boy, women are so good at brainwashing naive men like you by making many men believe they really like men for who they are. In younger years, women only stick to guys either really good looking or tall ones to have their sexual needs satisfied. Hence after a certain age the percentage of virgin females is much much lower than virgin men. 85% of the women continue to be only attracted to the 15% men and most reject many men who approach them no matter how confident or great they are because they didn't fit their standards looks wise or money wise. Later on once they try settling down, they finally go for the average joes who they mainly rejected all their lives because those guys are finally making money. It's all about the women trying to get the richest man she can find. Due to the lack of good looking or tall men with money available, they tend to settle for less to fulfill their financial needs. Personality doesn't mean crap or else the divorce rate wouldn't be so high after these same men later ended up having financial trouble. If these women truly loved their men, they would support them and be with them through their toughest time and try to find a solution together rather than leaving him stranded and then try taking half his money through court. Men aren't much better but still quite better than women when it comes to true love. Definitely way less superficial than women!

There, there. Let it all out. Better out than in, as they say.

Re: the OP...I honestly have no idea. I'm amazed that you have enough experience to generate a statistically valid sample, though.

The more interesting inkblot question is how many people believe this about themselves?

• Like 1

I think, at some point in one's life, everyone has the capability to feel 'true love' in the romantic/sexual/relationship sense. For some, that point lasts longer than for others. There can be a difference between having the capability and actually experiencing it and the real can have an effect on such capability over one's lifetime.

• Like 1

How could anybody even think that they can know the percentage of people who are capable of love? Regardless of gender?

I bet a person hardly even knows if they, themselves, are capable of it, unless they know from experience. Or reach the age of about 95 without having experienced it.

BetheButterfly
Can feel true love?? How the heck would you measure something like that? That's like asking how many people have seen God. There is no way to objectively quantify what people are subjectively experiencing.

Men make commitments and stay faithful quite frequently, they still get left. Same goes for women. Your criteria for assessing whether it's "true love" is ridiculous. Even if we were to use it, you'd be way underestimating what both sexes are capable of.

The criteria outlined for assessing what counts as "true love" is useless. There is no way to assess what people feel based solely on externally observed behviours.

While I do believe true love can be specifically defined, I agree that there's "no way to objectively quantify what people are subjectively experiencing."

My definition of true love is genuinely caring for another being and growing attached to that being. I believe true love is action as well as an affectionate feeling and can be given or received or both.

As for who "can feel true love"? I believe everyone, no matter their gender, can feel true love. I don't think it's a competition between the genders but rather any person regardless of gender CAN feel true love, both in giving true love and being the recipient of true love.

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
I think, at some point in one's life, everyone has the capability to feel 'true love' in the romantic/sexual/relationship sense. For some, that point lasts longer than for others. There can be a difference between having the capability and actually experiencing it and the real can have an effect on such capability over one's lifetime.

Agreed. The capacity does not mean that one will actually experience it, sadly. However, it would be awesome if everyone experienced truly loving someone and truly being loved by someone!!! :bunny:

I think people will think the opposite gender is less capable.

There are some conniving girls out there so I understand why men think women are worse.

Id say they are close to equal with women being more capable. In my circle of friends, my female friends are more capable than my male friends though my male friends arent awful people.

Men tend to be less emotional and care less about whats on the inside. (Notice I said they care less, not that they dont care at all). In my experience, most men are not caring and nurturing like woman CAN be. Society dictates women are the more caring nurturing types and I think it has a biological basis as well.

When I read through threads here, I found one where somebody said a divorce attorney said emotional neglect is one the most cited reasons on divorce papers and that when describing actual emotional neglect, many men dont see a problem with it. That right there shows you how unemotional men are. There are always individual exceptions though

I also think for the most part, men cannot be sexually satisfied with one woman for the rest of their life. I really struggle with the idea of me getting married since Ive come to this realization and I really think Id be happy never getting married.

I think you hit the nail on the head kimberlydoll. I have to admit as a man I am much less emotional than the women I know. I am not a nurturer by nature either. I can attempt it but it doesn't come naturally to me. It's not that I don't care but emotions don't play a very big role in my decision making. I know there are exceptions but I think kimberlydoll is right. I don't blame you for being on the fence about marriage. I tried it and it didn't work out for me and I have no desire to do it again. With that said it wasn't all bad the first few years were great. I hate to discourage anyone from trying it but nobody knows you better than you do.

• Like 1