Ex calls me out of the blue after 2 years....what the heck does he want??

CosmoGirl1391

OK, this was weird.

Today I got a call from an ex-boyfriend that I haven't talked to in about 2 years. He just called me out of the BLUE! We went to high school together and kind of had an on-again, off-again relationship right after high school for like the first 2 years off college, but it was never anything too serious.

He moved to a town about an hour away from me about 2 years ago, and I haven't heard from him since.

Then he just called me out of the blue. I asked him what made him call me and he just said "Oh, I was just thinking about you and wanted to see how you were doing". I thought that was kind of weird, I mean, after two years he just thinks about me out of the blue??? Hmmm, kind of peculiar.

What I am wondering is...what the heck does this mean? We talked for about 45 minutes, just catching up. He asked if I was seeing anyone and I said no, and then he went on to say that he just broke up with his g-friend of 6 months. Then before I let him go, he said that we should "meet for lunch" sometime.

I really don't have any interest in seeing him again, I mean, in a romantic way. Do you think that's what he wants? It's just kind of weird that he would call me after this long.

What's your take on the situation??

THANKS!!! :)

• Author
CosmoGirl1391

WEll, he's calling the WRONG person!!!

I sure as hell aint nobody's rebound booty call! :mad:

:p:D;)

p.s. - DA - how did you get your avatar to do that???

befuddled11
Originally posted by Darkangelism

he wants sex.

That seems a bit extreme.

It's entirely possible that he's thought about her off and on for the past 2 yrs, is now newly single and feeling "lonely" and maybe he just mustered up the courage to make contact with her again....because he's never forgotten her and just felt the need to make contact. If he was just looking to get laid, I'd imagine he'd find some chick locally, at a bar or something, as opposed to calling up someone he's not talked to in 2 yrs (an ex). Just my thoughts.

• Author
CosmoGirl1391
i took two pics, made an animation.

Cool! I wanna do that to my avatar!!! Tell me how, ay?? :p

That seems a bit extreme.

It's entirely possible that he's thought about her off and on for the past 2 yrs, is now newly single and feeling "lonely" and maybe he just mustered up the courage to make contact with her again....because he's never forgotten her and just felt the need to make contact. If he was just looking to get laid, I'd imagine he'd find some chick locally, at a bar or something, as opposed to calling up someone he's not talked to in 2 yrs (an ex). Just my thoughts.

That seems a bit more logical. But like I said, I am really not interested in starting another romantic relationship with him. I mean, yeah, we had some good times, but that's all water under the bridge. I am not interested in him like that anymore. It's too far in the past to bring it up again. I am attracted to a different type of guy now. He's the past...ya know?

I kind of want to avoid him in case that's what he wants, but oh hell...I don't know!!! Grrr....Old flames SUCK!! LOL :laugh:

Fedup&givingup
Originally posted by CosmoGirl1391

Cool! I wanna do that to my avatar!!! Tell me how, ay?? :p

That seems a bit more logical. But like I said, I am really not interested in starting another romantic relationship with him. I mean, yeah, we had some good times, but that's all water under the bridge. I am not interested in him like that anymore. It's too far in the past to bring it up again. I am attracted to a different type of guy now. He's the past...ya know?

I kind of want to avoid him in case that's what he wants, but oh hell...I don't know!!! Grrr....Old flames SUCK!! LOL :laugh:

I know what you are saying...some things belong IN the past. You don't have any feelings like that for him whatsoever, so you need to make that clear to him.

befuddled11

It's so funny how our feelings about people we've dated in the past can change over time (after they've become an "ex.")

When I was 13, 14, 15, and likely 16 (haha), I had the biggest crush on this guy (who was, I'm sure, 4 yrs older) from a church youth group thing I went to. I thought he'd hung the moon. Of course he didn't really give me the time of day, other than a friend, as I was too young. 10 yrs later, I ran into him back in our home town. He was verrrrrry interested in getting together with me, to catch up. How ironic! LOL He was a lot shorter than me, he dressed like a total dork, and he just didn't have the appeal he had when I was younger. Incidentally, about 4 yrs ago (I was 32 then), he came across my online personal ad (he was viewing the profiles, supposedly through a friend's profile)...and wrote to me. We emailed a bit, he was rather chatty.....mentioned he had a girlfriend, so I didn't see any point in continuing to email.....because i got this feeling that if I'd expressed any interest in meeting for a coffee, etc, he'd have been all over it...and I don't meet guys who have girlfriends.

THEN....about 6 months ago, I get this voicemail at home......a guy, not saying "who" he was but the voice sounded strangely familiar (I racked my brains for days trying to place the voice)....wanting to wish me a belated birthday and hoping everything was going well for me. I was stumped!! Turns out, this "person" called a few weeks later, only this time, saying who he was, and sure enough, it was HIM. Ugh. I was almost starting to feel stalked. I'd moved to a different place (city) since our "emailing thing" 4 yrs ago....and it seemed he went through some trouble to locate me. Yuck. Never would I have guessed, back when I was 16, that at this time in my life, he'd gross me out LOL

I guess that wasn't really related to your situation, but I do know how 'weird' it can feel to be contacted by an ex after a significant period of time has passed. It puts you in a tough spot if you definitely do NOT want to even think of rekindling anything..because you dont' want to be rude, but you don't want to do or say anything to give them the wrong idea....because then it's even more awkward.

I guess if he continues to call you,if you want to take the easy way out, just tell him that you're seeing someone. Hopefully that will give him the message? :)

Darkangelism

cosmo i sent u a pm, i just emptied my pms, so if u sent me a reply send it again. just follow the rests of my trend and do a topless pic :D

• Author
CosmoGirl1391

I can't be doing that, DA! LOL.

I have to leave something to the imagination of all you little loveshacker babes. ;)

I sent you a PM.

Well, If this guy calls me again, which, I am sure he will...I'll just tell him straight up that it's fine, I'll meet him for lunch, but no dates and nothing romantic. I already told him I wasn't seeing anyone, but I am just going to make it clear from the start that I don't want to go there with him. :)

well firt of all how long were you together?and did u ever live together?i recently called my ex and its been little over a year but we were togeter about 1 half year and lived together a couple of months,i wanted to marry this girl and wanted to call her but i was too scared of what i might hear but its seems she did ok and we talked a couple of times with the last call making plans for her to visit me in vegas ,shes in indiana,but that was the last i heard from her .after that call she left me hanging.so i sat here worrying and wondering what happened,i called few times leaving messages but no response so i took it as she didnt want anything to do with me and left it there,if u really want nothing to do with him just tell him ,simple, if he doesnt accept it ignore him hell get the clue