Loneliness

I am tired of being alone and searching for another. I can't seem to attract a man that I'm interested in. I am growing frustrated and just more lonely each day. Any words to help me make it through?

take this as an opportunity to invest in yourself and grow as a person. take up some hobbies, get a pet, join a club, etc. don't dwell on the lack of a partner, because quality partners truly do come along when you're at a high point in your own life. you won't attract people worthwhile if you're not living your own personal best. and what's so wrong with being single? there is no one to tell you what to do, no compromises to make, no gifts to buy, no extra money to spend on dates/nights out... lots of benefits!

• Like 2
Feelin Frisky

There is strength to be built in solitude. That is less obvious when you are young but it came upon me that my loss of my long-time love in my 20's gave me freedoms my peers didn't have in my 30's to break through a lot of intellectual and emotional confinements I previously had. Embracing solitude and mixing it with a healthy regimen of exercise and oxygenating your brain can help you find and believe in yourself more. Perhaps you can discover a direction that leads you into more exposure to more worthwhile people. Best wishes.

There's a world full of people to embrace. You're never truly alone if you choose to love. Perhaps there won't be 'one' person; sometimes that's a healthy thing. Good luck.

The older I get the more I seek out that "lonely" time... such sweet refuge in a sea of noisy crap. Ahhhhh.... peace!

Seriously - one of the few advantages of aging is that loneliness somehow turns into treasured solitude. If I don't get enough of that "down time" I just turn into one of those banshees that goes from Zero to B*tch in 2.6 seconds.