Do girls like bigger guys because they make them feel feminine?

From my perspective, both. I'm 5'1", though, and pretty much all guys are bigger than me. I think it's sexy to have a guy who seems like he could protect me, even though I take martial arts and am pretty good in a fight. :laugh:

I think it's sexy to have a guy who seems like he could protect me, even though I take martial arts and am pretty good in a fight. :laugh:

I think a lot of women feel this way, almost all of the women I have dated have felt this way. The last woman I dated was all enthusiastic about the fact that I was strong enough to do the dirty dancing jump catch, even though I didn't think it was all that impressive.

• Like 2
I think a lot of women feel this way, almost all of the women I have dated have felt this way. The last woman I dated was all enthusiastic about the fact that I was strong enough to do the dirty dancing jump catch, even though I didn't think it was all that impressive.

It's definitely impressive to a lot of us.

What I've noticed is a lot of tall men (tall being 6'0+) are usually very passive. I've often made jokes that nature gives them height much like a blowfish uses its puffiness to scare away predators. One of my best friends in high school was 6'3 and he was gonna fight someone 5'8 the following day, and he was expressing to me how nervous he was because he couldn't fight and how bad it would look if he lost.

It seems like most tall men are not fighters, because they don't have to be. Whereas most boxing weight classes feature shorter men. Floyd Mayweather Jr is 5'7-5'8 and no more than 150 lbs, but I doubt anyone is looking to mess with him.

So this notion that tall men are seen as fighters/protectors always makes me laugh. Height is not indicitive of protection.

• Like 10

No I mean I don't wanna be bigger than the guy really. I'm 5'8, 125 lbs so I'm tall but slim...would feel really weird if I was fatter than a dude, lol. I like guys who are slender, think baseball player or swimmer body. not wrestler or football player.

I DON'T like burly guys, big bear, football type of body guys at ALL. I like long and lean! Sexy. So no I wouldn't say I like "big" guys.

A big guy doesn't make me feel protected or feminine, I find it bizarre and childlike, kinda creepy really, when girls say that. Like I picture them also calling the guy "daddy"!

Edited by veggirl
  • Like 1
What I've noticed is a lot of tall men (tall being 6'0+) are usually very passive. I've often made jokes that nature gives them height much like a blowfish uses its puffiness to scare away predators. One of my best friends in high school was 6'3 and he was gonna fight someone 5'8 the following day, and he was expressing to me how nervous he was because he couldn't fight and how bad it would look if he lost.

It seems like most tall men are not fighters, because they don't have to be. Whereas most boxing weight classes feature shorter men. Floyd Mayweather Jr is 5'7-5'8 and no more than 150 lbs, but I doubt anyone is looking to mess with him.

So this notion that tall men are seen as fighters/protectors always makes me laugh. Height is not indicitive of protection.

I'm 6 foot 3 (225 lbs) and I agree :lmao:

Little guys tend to make for good fighters, while big fighters tend to be passive.

Still, I think it's just the size difference that creates the illusion for some women I've noticed. I'm not an entirely passive individual but I am very calm, some say even placid.

I don't actually feel more protected...it's just more of a fantasy thing.

Honestly, if there's a fight about to go down, I'm the one the others are worried about. Even my weapons partners who are a foot taller and 100 pounds heavier than me have told me to be more gentle with them. :bunny:

I love big guys. Not crazy about skinny guys. And as long as he's at least 5'8", I'm happy.

Little guys tend to make for good fighters, while big fighters tend to be passive.

Still, I think it's just the size difference that creates the illusion for some women I've noticed. I'm not an entirely passive individual but I am very calm, some say even placid.

Yeah. I think it's because of appearance. How many guys are going to approach a 6'3 guy from a hostile standpoint, looking for a fight? Not many. Conversely, no one is going to be intimidated by a 5'8, 150 lb man. The only way he can get around is if he holds his own. He has to show and prove in most cases.

My personal case is strange. I've been in maybe one fight in my life, versus someone not much taller than myself, and skinnier. I've never been bullied for my height despite other guys my height in school being constantly picked on. A few people have told me I just don't come across as someone you want to mess with. But I'd say I'm like you to an extent. In my natural, everyday state I'm very soft spoken, and calm, and never look for trouble, but when that scorpio temper comes out, I have no problem puffing my chest and voicing displeasure. It takes a lot to get me to that point but once I'm there, I don't back down.

So short guys like me should build up muscle so that we are bigger than the girls

I'm 5'7 and 145 lbs and the last two girls who showed serious interest in me were 5'10, and 5'11. One of which either weighed what I weighed or a little more.

This entire thing is ridiculous. If you have game, women can't help but be attracted to you.

• Like 3

I'm 6' and 190lbs, and while I'm generally passive, it's for good reason. I have a temper, and i don't like to be messed with, and i know how easy it is for me to hurt someone and not really be trying.

A friend of a friend from high school was your height, but about 15 lbs heavier. He got a full scholarship to a major university for football. He dropped out at the beginning of his sophomore year, because he paralyzed a teammate from the neck down in practice. It was really hard for him to handle, what he was physically capable of.

I'm 6' and 190lbs, and while I'm generally passive, it's for good reason. I have a temper, and i don't like to be messed with, and i know how easy it is for me to hurt someone and not really be trying.

A friend of a friend from high school was your height, but about 15 lbs heavier. He got a full scholarship to a major university for football. He dropped out at the beginning of his sophomore year, because he paralyzed a teammate from the neck down in practice. It was really hard for him to handle, what he was physically capable of.

Yeah I'm the same, I have a quick temper but I'm a lousy fighter unfortunately :laugh:. I have been meaning to take up a martial art for the longest while, I can afford some lessons pretty soon so definitely.

The problem is the one fight I've had in the last 10 years, I really hurt the guy badly off of sheer power alone. My brother always says I am as strong as I look, if not more - and that's without even taking advantage of my size and physique.

Having said that, my brother can fight and he's 5 foot 6. Most of the guys I knew who were good fighters or particularly strong were skinny dudes or short - some were straight up raw power. Some people are just blessed with great power.

A little off-topic, because fighting and dating/f*cking are different fields - unless you like your women feisty like I do :love:

• Like 1

A little off-topic, because fighting and dating/f*cking are different fields - unless you like your women feisty like I do :love:

Well you still shouldn't fight her....haha

This thread went so off-on topic quick.

----------------

Anywho @ the op

Being with a guy taller than me can be fun - however it will also have to be built and yes it does make you feel feminine - however I really don't think that goes farther than the bedroom and the comparison between me and the guy. It makes no difference on me feeling protected becuase I have dated really tall lanky guys and I knew I would be the one fighting if some thing was to happen..lol. However I don't I am looking for a guy for protection.

However I don't care about a guys height. If I limited my dating pool to guys taller than me... I will cut the guys I am interested by more than 60%. So plain and simple I like guys and actually rather them in my height range - since it is what I use too.

• Like 2

It's both. They certainly make me feel feminine and I'm also very attracted to them. Not all women care too much about it tho. I have friends that are under 5'10" and have smoking hot girl friends.

It is and it isn't. I think a lot of guys don't understand how much stronger than most women they are, and how that effects how women perceive them. Add to that the fact that guys are in my experience usually more hot headed, and you can have some serious intimidation.

I've had ex's that got nervous if we where fighting an I raised my voice. One ex decided to try and shove me and since I could see it coming I locked out my legs. When i didn't budge she just looked up at me with fear. I took on hand brushed her to the side, and as I walked by I said I'm going for a walk I need some air. When I got back, she was sitting on the couch balling. It took her a while to get over that fight.

It definitely makes a difference to many women. Just looking at the distribution of average heights, weight's and BMI's for men and women tells us this. For an age of around 35

Mens average weight chart Weight ~ 80kg or 175 lbs

Mens average height chart height ~ 1.78 m or 5'10"

(note that less than 10% of men are six feet or taller)

Mens BMI body mass index also varies with age BMI kg/m^2 ~25

The principal of sexual selection dictates that men look the way they do because women find men who look that way attractive.

For a woman who's about 35.

Average womens Weight chart ~ 66kg or 145 lbs

Average womens height chart ~ 1.6m or 5 '4"

Womens BMI body mass index certainly changes with age ~ 25 kg/m^2

The average woman is six inches shorter, and thirty pounds lighter than the average man. Furthermore, 95% of all men are taller than 95% of all women. *

So most women can rest assured that the average man is quite capable of physically dominating their space if that's what they need.

Now the arbitrary cut off of 6' tall is just a nice round number that's easy to pick on a drop down list of heights for online dating. In real life, as these numbers show, men who are less than 6' tall do just fine.

TL;DR While women do prefer men be bigger and taller than they are it's not a hard hurdle to clear.

• Like 1

You do realize Mayweahter Jr. fights in a weight division right?

Welterweight: Weight is greater than 140lbs, but no greater than 147lbs

Light middleweight: 147lbs to 154lbs

It would stand to reason, the people that will an advantage in these classes are not going to be very tall. Can you imagine a 6'4" guy that weighs @150lbs?

The current heavyweight champion is 6'2" and over 200lbs. Mike Tyson though, was only 5'10" and usually shorter than his opponent.

You really gotta look at the body. Tall ectomorphs are usually nothing to worry about in physical competition. Usually clumsy and awkward looking. Now, a tall mesomorph is just impressive.

Girls like it when I pick them up like they weigh nothing. They usually giggle and there is always this look in their eye that I take to be desirous. I think they learn from childhood being picked up and carried around by their fathers and uncles. It probably does make them feel secure.

It is and it isn't. I think a lot of guys don't understand how much stronger than most women they are, and how that effects how women perceive them. Add to that the fact that guys are in my experience usually more hot headed, and you can have some serious intimidation.

I've had ex's that got nervous if we where fighting an I raised my voice. One ex decided to try and shove me and since I could see it coming I locked out my legs. When i didn't budge she just looked up at me with fear. I took on hand brushed her to the side, and as I walked by I said I'm going for a walk I need some air. When I got back, she was sitting on the couch balling. It took her a while to get over that fight.

This story is kind of hot for some reason. :p

for me, yeah - a bigger guy in terms of height and muscle (not weight) does make me feel more protected and feminine. however, my current bf of 2 years is about 2 inches shorter than me and still makes me feel feminine... because he is very masculine in his manner/personality. so, if the guy is smaller/shorter he better be very masculine in other ways, imo, to make up for the height

• Like 1

Very true. In fact that is the point of my last post. 95% of men are taller, heavier, and probably stronger than 95% of all women. Yet only 10% of all men are 6' or taller.

Guys need to get over this obsession with how "short" they think they are.

You do realize Mayweahter Jr. fights in a weight division right?

Welterweight: Weight is greater than 140lbs, but no greater than 147lbs

Light middleweight: 147lbs to 154lbs

It would stand to reason, the people that will an advantage in these classes are not going to be very tall. Can you imagine a 6'4" guy that weighs @150lbs?

The current heavyweight champion is 6'2" and over 200lbs. Mike Tyson though, was only 5'10" and usually shorter than his opponent.

You really gotta look at the body. Tall ectomorphs are usually nothing to worry about in physical competition. Usually clumsy and awkward looking. Now, a tall mesomorph is just impressive.

[/Quote]

That's why I said most boxing classes. Outside of heavyweight how many classes feature big, tall, physically imposing men? You have welter weight, feather weight, light weight, etc, all feature low weights and shorter heights to match that weight.

Unless you play in the NBA, height doesn't give you an advantage in anything in life. Not as far as I can tell, anyway.

Girls like it when I pick them up like they weigh nothing. They usually giggle and there is always this look in their eye that I take to be desirous. I think they learn from childhood being picked up and carried around by their fathers and uncles. It probably does make them feel secure.

You're assuming I cannot pick women up. Wrong.

You're assuming I cannot pick women up. Wrong.

You're assuming that had anything to do with you.

Short/tall, you need to be able to "manhandle" your girl.

You're assuming that had anything to do with you.[/Quote]

Well you were talking to me so I figured it was directed at me.

Short/tall, you need to be able to "manhandle" your girl.

Yes. And both men are capable of it.