20ish obsessive love...

it seems that most or many people get obsessed/in-love with someone, when they're young and restless. did it happen to you? how long did it take to get past it? does that girl/guy still have a spot in your heart?

thanks,

-yes

I'm 17 and I'm STILL agonizing over a girl I've loved for 2 years! I know it sounds pathetic, but it's SO DIFFICULT to get over her! And worse yet, my mind wants to tell her how I feel, but my body won't let me!

RedneckRomeo

I'm 21, and yes, it did happen to me. It is still happening to me. Maybe not in the same was as others - since I've never dated any of those girls, but have had huge crushes on them - I was crazy about them for a time. My first big one took me months to get over - and I still kept in touch, hoping to maybe see something - but now looking back, there was never any real interest on her part, though I was crazy about her. She's still a friend, though we don't talk very much anymore. She was the first big crush I ever had, and she does have that special spot in my heart.

I had other little ones, but once I realized that nothing was going to happen - which was rather quick - then I got over them pretty quickly. They mean very little to me as they ended just about as quickly as they began.

Then I get into the situation that I'm still involved in - another huge crush on a beautiful girl, and still unable to make my move to ask her out. This is different than any of the other ones, as it feels like she is actually showing interest in return, which is always a good thing. She'll always have a place in my heart - I'm sure of that, and I also doubt I'll get over her anytime soon. First of all, I will not give up until no hope exists for us, and secondly, hope still exists and will for quite some time, and thirdly, I hope to ask her out soon so I can try and make it last forever. Whether it will or not - I don't know - but I can surely give it a try.

I'm 44 and still think of someone I dated for three months and then spoke with long distance for a year more when I was 26. It ended badly with no reason from him, he just disappeared when he was supposed to come and see me. He was an a------, really, and I should be angry. I still look him up, once in a while (every several years) I call to hear his voice. It's terrible and sometimes I forget him for a few days, but he's the ear that hears my inner heart (in my mind). Maybe it is a 20s thing. I want to find a recent photo of him. I'm sure he's no longer gorgeous (and I still am!) and maybe that would help me realize that I'm in love with a memory. Good luck to you. Keeping busy and living a full life helps. Mine is hard right now and that's probably why I'm online at 2 in the morning.

waterguy1975

I am 28 an just recently have been trying to get over someone who destroyed my heart about 5 months ago.I've had a few other LTR's but this one hit me hard,like never before.I think that it doesn't matter how old you are,there are just different forms of love at different times in your life ya know.Like with me in high school it was like puppy love.In my early 20's it was like curious/I thought I loved.Now and as of late for me it has been one-sided and true love which ended up being tainted.I hope there is a new form of love I will experience in the near future.Bri