guys, do we hate each other?

maybe you've seen this video on youtube

about why girls hate each other, essentially it's because they're forced to compete with one another. guys, do we hate each other? i don't think so. i was at a lock and key event last night where the women have locks and the men have keys and you try to find someone that has your match. great event. but in any case i was basically competing with the other guys for the women. i didn't hate the other guys though, nor even felt annoyed by them. i know that it's tough for us guys to be forced to go out there and make the first move and put up with bs of rejection, (not that women have it easy). so when i look at the other guys i mostly feel a sort of camaraderie against an implacable enemy: failure and rejection.

guys, what do you think? women, do you agree?

MilitantPacifist

Frankly, I think men have to compete with each other just as much, if not more, than women do.

The difference is women are typically more emotional, and easily learn to hate each other for that competition. Men on the other hand are more logical, and it's logical to assume that the people competing with you have nothing against you. They're just going after the same thing you are. Basically they have the same motivations that you do, so you should be able to easily understand and relate to them.

If anything I find competition helps build friendship in men, rather than destroying it as I've often seen happen for women. I don't fully understand how that is possible. It seems like two people, both interested in the same thing, coming from a similar motivation (since they both want the same thing) would have everything in common and thus learn to like each other rather than hate each other.

There's a fundamental difference in competition between men and women.

Women are often very resentful of other women because their competition is based upon physical beauty. Since physical beauty is a mostly inherited trait which is chalked up mainly to the luck of draw in nature, a woman will resent another woman who is prettier than her because she got a better hand dealt to her at birth.

Now, on the other hand, men are also very competitive with each other, but there is a key difference. Men are competitive in achievements and skill, not so much in the looks department. Most men aren't looking at other men and hating them because they look better. A man who is in shape has to work to be in shape. A man who is more skilled or better at something has had to practice more than his competition.

See the difference? Even if a man is born into a wealthy family and has to do nothing his whole life, another man who is poor can become a star athlete and put himself on the similar level. In other words, men have the advantage that what they do is how they compete; they have much more control over their competition with other males.

On the other hand, women have little control over their inherited physical beauty and that is why a woman simply born with exceptionally good looks will be met with a lot of anger and jealousy from other women who were not dealt as good a hand.

MilitantPacifist

Yes, I can see that distinction based on competition for beauty. But I see the same problems when women compete for jobs in the workplace, for scholarships, for becoming leaders in group activities, etc.

There's no cause for it. Those are all achievement based activities.

And if I wanted to, I could easily hate the rich boy because he was also blessed by his genetic heritage. I don't though. Becoming a rich kid isn't something that's going to happen for a poor kid. It's something that might happen for your children or grandchildren, but in any realistic sense you're going to be struggling your entire life to obtain something the other person takes for granted.

So there would be plenty to resent there. But there's no need. It's like hating on someone because they were born taller.

I don't like other men. I have very few guy friends. Just a tight little circle of bros and that's it. Every man I see on campus is the enemy. Of course I walk around like I have no competition, but deep down I'm sizing them all up. I wouldn't say hate, because some guys in school are cool, decent men. I respect them, I just want them to lose when we're competing for the same girl.

Disenchantedly Yours

I don't hate other women.

I don't hate other women that are prettier than me.

I don't assume they are awful, hateful or whatever.

I also feel a camaraderie among other women.

Like take that video you posted, I've seen other guys post her video before. I think she is funny and cute. But I bet if she was less attractive, you and the other guys wouldn't even pay attention to her. But I don't hate her for that. I don't think something is worng with her. I think that says something about men and how they treat women based on the beauty or lack of. If that girl didn't look like that, you wouldn't care about what she was saying. Ironically, she isn't saing anything too different from what I've heard some iconic Feminist say. But those iconic feminists get ripped to shreads where someone like this, who appears to be a cheerleader from her intro? gets male attention differently. That doesn't make me hate her. Makes me feel sad toward men though.

• Like 2
MilitantPacifist

deleted. Should have watched the video before commenting and there's no delete button.

Edited by MilitantPacifist

Like take that video you posted, I've seen other guys post her video before. I think she is funny and cute. But I bet if she was less attractive, you and the other guys wouldn't even pay attention to her. But I don't hate her for that. I don't think something is worng with her. I think that says something about men and how they treat women based on the beauty or lack of. If that girl didn't look like that, you wouldn't care about what she was saying. Ironically, she isn't saing anything too different from what I've heard some iconic Feminist say. But those iconic feminists get ripped to shreads where someone like this, who appears to be a cheerleader from her intro? gets male attention differently. That doesn't make me hate her. Makes me feel sad toward men though.

This. There's really no debate about it, the girl in that video is hot... And people (both men and women) will treat her differently for that. Men will be more likely to listen to her and agree with what she says than if she was not conventionally attractive. Women will be more likely to feel resentful towards her because she's so attractive. Case in point, when she started talking about how women need to stop comparing themselves to and competing with other girls, the first thought that popped into my mind was "Easy for you to say, b****!". It's like someone who was born into an exceedingly wealthy family preaching to the poor to start spending their money more wisely. The truth is, I'm not as attractive as her and I'm going to have to work harder than her to get attention from men, and even then I'll still have a smaller pool to choose from. Unlike DY, that does make me feel some resentment towards her, that's just how most people's brains are wired I think. But I don't dwell on it (I'll completely forget about her as soon as I leave this page), and instead just try to spend my time improving myself.

I don't hate other women.

I don't hate other women that are prettier than me.

I don't assume they are awful, hateful or whatever.

I also feel a camaraderie among other women.

Personally, I prefer this http://www.greenleafpress.com/catalog/images/1426302495.jpg

than

http://dustythoughts.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/sarah_palin_5.jpg

• Like 1
MilitantPacifist

Agreed. First glance might attract me more to the hot girl. But as soon as she opens her mouth, she'll turn me right off if she is completely retarded, as in Exhibit #2 there.

Too bad only like 0.5% of men even know who Marie Curie is and why she was one of the most important scientists of modern times. And how many would even care if you told them? As a woman in the sciences myself, I'm used to guys immediately passing me over in favor of the "hotter" models (not that I'm ugly, but I do have to put in more work than the girl in the video to look decent). That doesn't actually bother me too much though, because I tend to only be attracted to men who are involved in science anyway, which happen to be the men who will actually get to know me beyond my physical appearance.

Yeah, I hate just about every guy competing in the same games I'm in. It's nothing personal though. We can't forget that women are the real enemies here, and we're all just doing our thing and trying to win. However, if a guy is out of my territory, then I sincerely wish the best for him. I hope he goes out there and hits home runs left n right n just bangin them sugarwalls everywhere he goes. It always puts me in a good mood to hear a champ get what he deserves.

Too bad only like 0.5% of men even know who Marie Curie is and why she was one of the most important scientists of modern times. And how many would even care if you told them? As a woman in the sciences myself, I'm used to guys immediately passing me over in favor of the "hotter" models (not that I'm ugly, but I do have to put in more work than the girl in the video to look decent). That doesn't actually bother me too much though, because I tend to only be attracted to men who are involved in science anyway, which happen to be the men who will actually get to know me beyond my physical appearance.

Congras! You are on the right direction. Anyways, how far a relationship can go based just on physical appreances. If I may ask what's you major?

Edited by ffw

No I don't hate other women for being other women. I dislike cattiness, flakiness, and constant negativity. But that is true of both sexes. Since I am not out competing for anything with a twig and berries I don't see other women as this great competition.

I know what I bring to the table, I know my strengths, and I know that I can get interest if I'm interested. I think I have had and do have many pretty friends and it hasn't bothered me.

Are you kidding? How would you get passed over for someone "hotter." You are the blue unicorn some guys dream about. You have looks and you are in a hard science field and can talk shop.