Mixed feelings and signals. Is He interested or not?

Please have a sit, this is going to be quite a story...

So here we go..

There's this guy that lives in the neighborhood I usually met from time to time either on the street or at the grocery store. We've been crossing each other path for a quite a while now (like a year or so). Sometime last year at the grocery story we spoke a little bit, was very nice, offered to help me to pick a bottle of coke from a too-high-for-me shelf.etc. Then he started sort of ignoring me (but casting glances at me sideways when he thought I wasn’t looking), and acting quite nervous when we ended up in the store at the same time. After then he started staring at me , when biking and getting sight of me He would slow down just to do that. Or pass by biking as close as possible where I was walking/ standing etc.

Time passed by and all of sudden, he started smiling at me (In the past year I never saw him saw smile or say hello to anybody) Once I did smile back…He started saying hello and smiling on regular basis and (the first time he actually said Hi he also blushed a lot). Last time , I moved out of the way to let him pass (he was biking) he told me nicely not to worry about it (and blushed too) and he went by casting me a last glance as he was checking my reaction (?). (by the way my reaction was to smile :p) Soo..after that I met him two more times here we did smile and nod at each other. And The guy definitely seems to "light up" every time he gets sight of me.

So we were at this point when, all of sudden he has problems looking at me straight in the eyes. I got sight of him at the store and..well he hang around me until a friend of mine came up to me and we started talking. Basically he stayed around until I was alone , when my friend showed up he want about with his shopping. The was a really funny moment when I saw him trying to hide himself behind some corner of the fridge when I looked back at him, it was puzzling at first and hilarious at the second thought. (but I understand him, I used to do that if caught staring at the guy I like LOL). And that was it.

A week later I found him pausing in front of the grocery store, shopping bag in his hands, checking the road from where I usually come from. (causally same time and same day we met a week before…coincidence?) I had the strong insight that he might have been waiting for me. So he was standing there when he notice me and my friend, I wanted to say hello to him but…when I got closer he turned his back on me, looking nervous and fidgeting with his back. I couldn’t help but look at him and he kept looking at the road—once I turned away, my friend got sight of him turning his head toward us---and have a look. Ok, he got scared I suppose…

And now this gets super weird but also quite “magic”

One evening, while going for a walk I met him, face to face, for once. He noticed me and looked down embarrassed , he kept looking down but he smiled. Then, just while we were shoulder against shoulder and I was passing by…He sung "only you make me feel this way". It did ring a bell. I felt like it was a message for me…

And 3 weeks went by…

So I didn't catch sight of him for 3 weeks more or less. I met him again last week end - by chance , always by chance here - and he was totally drunk. And the moment I got sight of me standing there..ashamed too. His friend was trying to get him to his house (I guess) but he wouldn't go, he tried to walk to me but he had to stop and his friend has to support him. He started looking at his own shoes, standing there in the middle of the road, facing me and he tried to speak...but couldn't muster the words. I stayed there as long as I stood there. his friend had to tug him away and the moment I did I just walked away.

I felt so sorry after this scene, it was somehow really painful , plus can't shake the feeling that something happened, I wish I were able to elaborate.

But this whole thing is confusing me, Is this guy really interested in me? ( I feel quite stupid to ask)

Anyway all this looks more and more something out of some movie…but ha! It’s all true!! xD

Feel free to share your point of view/comments/advice with this really confused girl aka me =)

Edited by Lumikko