women who are not married wearing a ring on the left ring finger

Darkangelism

What are people's thoughts on women wearing a ring on their left ring finger when they are not married?

I find it annoying because I always look b4 approaching a girl and some girls are single but wear a ring and that keeps me away.

some woman like wearing rings no matter what the finger look for a diamond otherwise just go up to them and ask if they are taken.

• Author
Darkangelism

diamond rings really are not that obvious cause most of the girls bfs are poor and by them small diamonds.

Nubemeister

I have a gold ring on my wedding finger, but Im not married. Its a ring that my mother gave me when I was 5 and I've kept it ever since. I just keep adjusting it. There is no decoration to it, just an imprint of a horses hoof, in the middle. But when it turns on my finger it looks like Im married....

Alot of people have asked if I am but Im not. It's misleading I guess..lol :D

I believe a woman should be able to wear a ring on any finger that she wants to. I myself won't wear a ring on that finger not even ones I get from my boyfriend. But that's just me. If you want to approach a girl and aren't sure if the ring is "the one" or not, I say just do it. But if you don't feel comfortable, then it's either her loss for wearing a ring on that finger or your's for being too afraid to approach the person.

• Author
Darkangelism

im not saying that women shouldnt be allowed to or anything, its just a personal thing.

End of my rope

I don't think that women should wear rings on the left ring finger. Of course, it's personal choice, but we all know that traditionally that that finger says to the world..."I'm taken." Women know that. Men know that. Sor for the women out there who do wear rings on that finger...who knows how many great men may have passed by because they thought you were married!

I hadn't thought about the jewelry connection before, but ....I think I'd have more of an issue with married women (couples) who won't wear a wedding ring at all.

.....or the ones that fall into a pocket if they go out to play.

One ring surprise could be a good thing...the other could be a dangerous thing.

Originally posted by Dug

I hadn't thought about the jewelry connection before, but ....I think I'd have more of an issue with married women (couples) who won't wear a wedding ring at all.

.....or the ones that fall into a pocket if they go out to play.

One ring surprise could be a good thing...the other could be a dangerous thing.

I'm with you on that one. I would personally be offended if my husband went out in public without his wedding ring on. And I'd feel naked if I wasn't wearing mine.

Sundaymorning

sometimes i do that to "practice" for the big day, hehehe which may be a while.

but i dunno, i suppose maybe they dont want to be approached when they wear it, thus why they wear it?

I sometimes will wear a ring if I go out do not to get picked up on. Sometimes you just want to hang out with friends without being asked out and a ring on the finger is the easiest way to do it.

This was before I had a boyfriend though. I have a promise ring from him but don't wear it much.

I find this annoying as well. If I see a ring I am not going to closely inspect it to find out if it is a wedding or engagement ring. I feel awkward asking to its meaning most of the time. I tend to see the ring and just stay away. I respect the ring.

Then again, it really isn't too hard to approach someone and say "Excuse me. I noticed the ring on your finger and I was wondering what it means." If it turns out to be an engagement or wedding ring though you tend to look quite foolish. I don't think explaining "Well, some women will wear a ring on that finger, any old ring." would make you look any more intelligent in such a situation.

Then again, it really isn't too hard to approach someone and say "Excuse me. I noticed the ring on your finger and I was wondering what it means

Or you could just admire the ring. Usually the wearer will explain its significance. I still wear my old engagement ring; not because of memories' sake but because it is a beautiful ring. It doesn't look like a traditonal engagement ring (nothing like a diamond solitaire); it looks more like a cocktail ring. I figure any fellow interested enough can always ask about my status - or admire the ring! :)

Originally posted by moimeme

Then again, it really isn't too hard to approach someone and say "Excuse me. I noticed the ring on your finger and I was wondering what it means

Or you could just admire the ring. Usually the wearer will explain its significance. I still wear my old engagement ring; not because of memories' sake but because it is a beautiful ring. It doesn't look like a traditonal engagement ring (nothing like a diamond solitaire); it looks more like a cocktail ring. I figure any fellow interested enough can always ask about my status - or admire the ring! :)

Why not just wear it on your right hand?

I'm right-handed. I once had a ring on my right hand get caught on something - tore the band in half. This is a really pretty ring and I'd hate to have it ruined the same way. It's much safer on the left.

o, man, i do this. i've got a cute little superman ring with a real sapphire on my ring finger; it's pretty much the only jewelry i have ever worn. i've never even thought about it.

don't take it badly, boys, just ask the girls about it; we love it!

soem girls like to wear it cause they get hit on all the time, so wearing this does help with making guys stay away...most of the time.

and other times, they wear it there just for the hell of it with no real intentions.

Originally posted by ladyangel

I'm with you on that one. I would personally be offended if my husband went out in public without his wedding ring on. And I'd feel naked if I wasn't wearing mine.

What if he works a blue collar job like a construction worker? =)

My dad never wears his wedding ring for that reason.

And then there are some married women who do not wear thier wedding rings anywhere on thier person for whatever reason. So when they do get hit on, they act as if they are the most available person alive. None of it makes sense to me. Just my short thought though.

I actually like your question because I always thought I was one of the rare people who wore a ring on my left hand. I like the feel of it. I will not wear a diamond ring on the left hand, but any stone with diamonds I will. I am aware if I wear the diamond ones it could be mistaken. I just like wearing my ring with my bracelet and my braclets all stay on my left hand. My right hand has my watch and sometimes I wear a ring on that hand as well, but not always.

Originally posted by Darkangelism

I find it annoying because I always look b4 approaching a girl and some girls are single but wear a ring and that keeps me away.

Dude - You must be afraid of getting shot down out of rejection, because she is involved. Don't let it keep you away. All you gotta do is ask. Sometimes, even the married ones will take you home with them.

~V

GeorgiaSongbird

I wore a ring there after my divorce from my 1st husband.. because after the the marriage ended, my hand felt "naked" .. So I wore a garnet ring that my oldest brother had given me when I was a teenager (first piece of "real" jewelry I ever owned). It was obviously not a wedding ring/band.. and it never kept men from approaching me.

• 1 year later...

I wear a ring on my left hand, it was my great-grandmothers so it means a lot to me. It doesn't look like a traditional engagement or wedding ring at all, it's blue topaz stones with tiny diamonds set in gold. It's very beautiful and I love it so much that I wear it every day. Even though it doesn't look like an engagement ring, I know it's discouraged a few people from coming up to me but it never hurts to ask a girl about the ring she's wearing on her left hand...

I must admit that I wear a ring on my left hand. It actully does look like an engagement ring, but it's not, it's a promise ring that was given to me by my first Bf. I still wear it because it is beautiful and sometimes when I go out I just don't want to be approached (doesn't really work though).

I wear my Grandma's wedding ring on my left hand and seriously - I never thought if that is annoying to anyone because....I so don't bother.

Where does humanity end up if all has to be thought about and analyzed...God gave us a fantastic tool: speech.

So if a guy being interested is not able to ask, well, sorry for him.

I might say anyway, that I am unaccessable as taken.