Women stare at cleavage just as much as men

according to a scholarly study in the european journal of psychology women stare at cleavage just as much as men.

Both genders stare equally hard at women

i haven't read the article so i don't know if it's true but let's just imagine it is. my question is do women get a rush of adrenaline when they look at other women's cleavage? i would be surprised if that were the case. perhaps it's same feeling as when a man looks at another man's large biceps. when i see a man with large biceps, say, one's that are larger than 99 out of 100 i take notice and say wow but of course i don't care or feel any sexual attraction. i don't care about the athletic lifestyle so i quickly forget about the whole thing.

• Like 3

I stare at cleavage, only when it looks really good. But I never get any sexual feelings out of it. I stare the same way I would at a beautiful painting.

• Like 2
  • Author
I stare at cleavage, only when it looks really good. But I never get any sexual feelings out of it. I stare the same way I would at a beautiful painting.

More or less what I expected.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours

I think women are more liable to compare their bodies to other women then they are to do it out of sexual attraction. Of coures, some women are sexually attracted to other women but my guess is in the context of this study, women stare at other women's cleveage to see how they measure up or don't and men stare for other reasons.

Would you really want all women to be staring at other women's breasts lustfully?

Sometimes I think men strangely want women to be more attracted to other women then they want htem to be attracted to other men. :rolleyes: I just haven't figured out why. Perhaps because they see it as an oppurtunity for lack of competition because guys lik the idea of sleeping with two women or perhaps it's because he wants her to be more like a man just with female body parts. Either way, it's strange.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I'll offend someone, but I'm speaking my mind anyway:

1) I wish women who hate it when men stare at their boobs would then stop getting boob jobs and especially stop wearing the most cleavage-revealing clothing known to man. In my opinion, it's a sign of a hypocrite to plop thousands for boobs or be naturally endowed, then decide to wear that tight dress or top that's barely covering your nipples, and then get angry when someone is looking.

Um...hello? Cover them up then!

2) I still believe part of the impetus for most women getting boob jobs is to be more attractive to men. I hear to death the "I got them for me...not a man", but I'm sure if boob size and shape meant 100% nothing to men, women would not bother. If men all over the planet suddenly loved flat chests, women would be running out for reductions.

I don't buy it. I have yet met a woman who got hers done that didn't have "dating" and "attracting men" as part of the list of reasons to get said boob job. Not saying it was the MAIN or ONLY reason...but it's in there. Stop lying.

Feel free now to get mad, attack, tell me I'm full of it, get me banned, etc. I'm not going to sugar-coat this one.

• Like 2
I'm pretty sure I'll offend someone, but I'm speaking my mind anyway:

1) I wish women who hate it when men stare at their boobs would then stop getting boob jobs and especially stop wearing the most cleavage-revealing clothing known to man. In my opinion, it's a sign of a hypocrite to plop thousands for boobs or be naturally endowed, then decide to wear that tight dress or top that's barely covering your nipples, and then get angry when someone is looking.

Um...hello? Cover them up then!

2) I still believe part of the impetus for most women getting boob jobs is to be more attractive to men. I hear to death the "I got them for me...not a man", but I'm sure if boob size and shape meant 100% nothing to men, women would not bother. If men all over the planet suddenly loved flat chests, women would be running out for reductions.

I don't buy it. I have yet met a woman who got hers done that didn't have "dating" and "attracting men" as part of the list of reasons to get said boob job. Not saying it was the MAIN or ONLY reason...but it's in there. Stop lying.

Feel free now to get mad, attack, tell me I'm full of it, get me banned, etc. I'm not going to sugar-coat this one.

I actually agree with this for the most part. To be fair, I think some who say 'for me' genuinely -think- it's for them, because it makes them feel more attractive and sexy. But 'attractive and sexy' in its very nature implies 'other people finding you attractive and sexy', so it isn't reeeaaallly 'for yourself', is it?

I personally have and always will find the female form aesthetically pleasing to look at. No homo. :love:

• Like 3
I actually agree with this for the most part. To be fair, I think some who say 'for me' genuinely -think- it's for them, because it makes them feel more attractive and sexy. But 'attractive and sexy' in its very nature implies 'other people finding you attractive and sexy', so it isn't reeeaaallly 'for yourself', is it?

I personally have and always will find the female form aesthetically pleasing to look at. No homo. :love:

Too late, fantasy loaded.

grkBoy is spot on the money with everything else.

• Like 3

My fiancee has smaller boobs. I love her to death.

She also has a nice rear. ;)

I think all women, even fat women, are beautiful in some way. I mean that.

• Like 3
I hear to death the "I got them for me...not a man", but I'm sure if boob size and shape meant 100% nothing to men, women would not bother.

I disagree, at least for me.

I have lost a lot of weight. As I've lost weight, I've also lost fat in my breasts. What once were round perky full breasts are now saggy nearly-empty skin.

I am likely going to get a boob job. It is not because of men (and even if there were no men on the planet, I'd feel the same way.) It's because when I look in the mirror, I am sad about the way my boobs look. The rest of my body looks so much better than it did 50 pounds ago, but my boobs look sad.

I want to feel good about my body. It doesn't mean I am gonna be wearing low cut tops and teasing guys with my bodacious boobs.

As far as the original topic - Yes, I notice nice cleavage. But it's more about admiration than attraction. Just as I'd admire a nice handbag or a good pair of shoes.

• Like 1

I apologize...I forgot about those who simply go to make them FIRMER. I only was thinking of those who go for enlargements.

In the case of firmer, I do honestly believe they get them only for themselves.

• Like 1

I recall a LS'er with an admittedly bountiful bust; it was interesting that she found such aspects of other women attractive and commented upon them numerous times (to me personally, not here on LS). I can truthfully say I never gawked at hers simply because she was always modest in her attire and it never really attracted my attention. In fact, I have to give it serious thought to even remember such facts.

I can say I was recently looking at some old AC/DC videos from the 70's and found myself glancing at Bon Scott's 'package' a few times during that process. Am I sexually attracted to men? Nope. I can understand why he was so attractive to women though. It was 'out there'. Hence, I can see where a woman might have a similar perspective about female breasts. We're all human and more alike than we are different.

• Like 4
I apologize...I forgot about those who simply go to make them FIRMER. I only was thinking of those who go for enlargements.

In the case of firmer, I do honestly believe they get them only for themselves.

But what about a girl with A-cups who feels the same way I do when looking in the mirror at herself? She's been teased her whole life about them. She can't find swimsuit tops that fit. Clothes don't fit her the way she would like. She feels like the "ugly friend" when out with her friends. She feels like her boyfriend is disappointed when she's in bed with him. She looks at her body and likes what she sees EXCEPT for her boobs.

Everything she feels is fixable with a breast enlargement. Why shouldn't she do it?

Sure, there are girls who do it for attention from guys. These are typically the ones who get the "2 grapefruit halves stuck to my chest" implants. But there are lots of women who get natural looking implants, continue to wear normal clothes without baring boobs at every opportunity, and get to feel better about their bodies. The thing is you don't notice these women, because their enlargements are subtle and they don't call attention to them.

Do a Google image search for "natural looking breast enlargement". You'll see plenty of examples of reasonable boob jobs.

And - I am not saying there is anything wrong with being an A-cup. If a woman is happy at the size she is, I think that's great. But if she isn't, I think it's wonderful that she has options.

• Like 1
But what about a girl with A-cups who feels the same way I do when looking in the mirror at herself? She's been teased her whole life about them. She can't find swimsuit tops that fit. Clothes don't fit her the way she would like. She feels like the "ugly friend" when out with her friends. She feels like her boyfriend is disappointed when she's in bed with him. She looks at her body and likes what she sees EXCEPT for her boobs.

In that case, isn't she doing it because of them? It really is the same thing.

Note that I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with doing things because of public opinion, or to be admired by other people. I just don't think it's the same as doing things that are purely 'for yourself', such as relaxing with a cup of tea, music, and a good book after work.

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting cosmetic surgery done on yourself either, because it's your body and your risks to take (they ARE classified as major surgery, and there are always risks with those, especially those that involve insertion of foreign matter).

• Like 1

Everything she feels is fixable with a breast enlargement. Why shouldn't she do it?

Sure, there are girls who do it for attention from guys. These are typically the ones who get the "2 grapefruit halves stuck to my chest" implants. But there are lots of women who get natural looking implants, continue to wear normal clothes without baring boobs at every opportunity, and get to feel better about their bodies. The thing is you don't notice these women, because their enlargements are subtle and they don't call attention to them.

Do a Google image search for "natural looking breast enlargement". You'll see plenty of examples of reasonable boob jobs.

And - I am not saying there is anything wrong with being an A-cup. If a woman is happy at the size she is, I think that's great. But if she isn't, I think it's wonderful that she has options.

I absolutely love small breasts.

I can understand why she would want one done, but i know it comes from insecurity ... and to me she would ruin perfection,

There are others like me.

• Like 2
whichwayisup
I love boobs!!!

Me too. Not in a sexual way, I don't get turned on but I do enjoy looking at how they look, bounce, shape, size etc..

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
I attest to this. I've had women look at my cleavage with a very horny look in their eyes. It was strange.
A. they are lesbians, or B. they are staring at you thinking, "Her body is gorgeous. I hate that b!tch." :laugh: Well, people are like that, you can't change that...

In all fairness, when I meet a really tall and ripped Adonis guy with the Dracula eyes (you know what I mean, ladies), I think that too. "That guy is banging everyone! Someone KILL him." Oh, I kid, it's all meant in good fun...

• Like 1
Forever Learning

I sometimes look at someone else's boobs / cleavage, usually thinking that they look attractive, and wondering how their blouse would look on me, etc. Thank God, I'm purdy happy with the boobs God gave me. No homo. :)

• Like 2