Is it turning into more than a booty call?

Me and a guy that I have been friends with for about a year have been FWB for the last month or so, we are both seeing other people and have been totally open about that and talk about the other people we're seeing.

But recently he has been a little bit different towards me,, after we hooked up last week he hit me up straight away on facebook when he got home and was chatting to me loads and again on friday night when i got in...at one point he told me that if i needed help with anything to just ask him...which is odd for him.

He's also started texting me back within 10-20 mins of me texting him and at least 2 x's on any message which he never did before.

We chatted a bit on tuesday on fb and I had to go out so said see you later and went. He sent me a fb message later that night saying he hated facebook chat cause he wasn't getting my messages straight away and wasn't sending any of his to me, when I asked him what he tried to send me he just went offline.

Since then whenever i have gone online he seems to jump offline and really hasn't been using facebook very much at all. I gave it a couple of days and sent him a message saying that I had noticed him doing that and is there a problem? He said not at all everything was fine he was just really busy working ETC,( which I do tend to believe because he said last weekend and tuesday that he was trying to sort work stuff out). Then he asked me how I was which he never does.

I know that he is seeing/hooking up with other people and there is another guy that i'm seeing as well but I am confused about how I feel about him? does it sound like he's become more interested in me?

I spoke to a friend of mine about the facebook thing and she thinks that he's trying to get me to call/text him more often cause I only ever really contact him on facebook.

Any thoughts/advice would be helpful...i'm rubbish at this sort of thing lol.

miss_jaclynrae

It is possible, sounds like a very similar situation I was in, and we are now actually dating.

It can happen, I knew things were changing once he started stocking up on nutella at his house because it is my favorite and was doing small things like making me breakfast and cooking me dinner.

It is not a normal thing, but I figure there is no sense in worrying about it since I am happy and he is. Once we have the talk about exclusiveness we will probably stop seeing other people. I have already found myself missing him when with my other dates so we will see.

• Author

It's good to know that it's not impossible for things to move in that direction.

How did you guys progress from being FWB to dating? was it something you talked about or did it just happen naturally?

miss_jaclynrae
It's good to know that it's not impossible for things to move in that direction.

How did you guys progress from being FWB to dating? was it something you talked about or did it just happen naturally?

It naturally happened. Eventually I was getting confused though and wanted to talk about it so we did. I just asked if he was dating anyone anymore, he said no, I then told him I was but recently found myself wanting to spend my time with him instead and stopped dating. We didn't make it too serious, but definitely made it clear we were only seeing each other.

I have to add though that we recently took a step back, that was due to him still being hung up on his ex though. We are still spending time together though, I just went back to dating others until he can figure out what he wants.

Ah, the joys of modern dating.

Just fu*k whoever you can.

Why bother with a relationship?