best friend break-up

Hey, so on Monday my boyfriend of one day short of a year broke up with me. we were absolutely perfect for each other, we truly did love each other, it was something both of us had never felt before it was truly something out of a movie. We were best friends for 4 years prior to dating and we started to realize after 3 years we were starting to have feeling for each other, so we started hanging out more often, he'd bring me ice coffee and timbits to work, he'd pick me up so we could watch the sunset it was wonderful.

last wednesday we had a little hiccup, we noticed that i wasnt the same person i was last summer and my attitude towards things had changed we almost broke up then, but since it was simething neither of us wanted to do he said he'd give me another chance, telling me exactly what needed to change. since that day everything was perfect we werent arguing, we were having conversations, laughing, it was like last summer all over again. i was bragging to people about how great it was. but then on monday i decided to ask him since we were in such a great place, if he really did want to break up on wednesday. turned out he really wanted to and after lots of tears from both of us we did.

a few days later he said he wanted to talk so we met up and we did.. today. He said that he wants to give me a second chance put as a best freind since he feels that hes fallen out of the bf love and more into the bestfriend role again. He told me that we will still go on dates, talk, hang out to watch movies but were only gonna be friends the worst part is that heres me hoping we'll get back together.

he says we'll see how the summer goes to see if i do change but even if i do we may not get back toghther. this has me worried.. is it alright for us to be doing this, or will it just drive me crazy?

i need help trying to figure out what to do especially sinces hes my best friend and i cant really talk to him about him.