too attached?

Hello ppl

I have a girlfriend of nearly a year and we love each other very much, most of last year we spent together, just the two of us, we did everything together and we were both happy. But just a few days a go she suddenly feels like she didnt do anything last year, she now wants to be more free, I didnt force her to spend lots of time with me, but now she wants to spend more time with other ppl as well as me, and also away from me. She wants to make friends with more guys cus she says she gets a long well with guys. I on the other hand would be happy with what we had last year, but now i have to get used to her not spending time with me as much as she used to, and it really scares me.

Am I to attached to her? do i love her too much? or am i too jealous of her spending time with other ppl especially guys... everytime i think of the idea of us not being as close, it makes me feel sick

cheers

It's totally NORMAL to feel upset and threatened when the person you have been involved with says they need a change in the relationship.

One of the probs with young romances......is that at ANY point.....one of the people involved may feel as though they might be missing something. Life is tough...and you have to grow up with OPTIONS!

This does not indicate she doesn't care for you deeply or that they relationship you shared didn't matter. It just means....she feels the need to grow into her own life and figure out what she wants from it.

Be her friend...grow with her. ( I already said that in a thread today).......BUT it's true!

This is almost always a prelude to disaster and an end.

However, despite your fears and the worst that "may" possibly come, give her the freedom she desires. No matter what happens from this you know that you are doing the right thing and showing that you trust her.

I have been in this situation with different people, and good and bad had have come from it. Just do the right thing and let her explore what she thinks she needs.

I personally find that I feel much better knowing that I am doing the right thing, even if it might be difficult. And yes, I still feel good about having done what is right even if it leads to something I was hoping against.

• Author

Okay, does anyone have any advice on this?

Me and my girlfriend both love each other very much but after finishing school I had a year of doing whatever I liked, like getting with random ppl. My girlfriend hasnt had this chance. And now after a year of us being together she suddenly feels she wont be 100% happy cus she has never know any different to me? she has no care-free life to compare us too.. but if she leaves me she wont be happy either..

is there anyway around this whilst keeping us still together.. or anything I can say to make her realise that she doesnt need to experience being single and care-free? or that being in love with someone she feels she can spend the rest of her life with doesnt need a comparison?

cheers