Stress or is he over me?

My boyfriend and I were together 6 months when he got a good job in another state and moved. I stayed behind, at least for now. He's been gone 4 months and 2 months ago I flew down and spent a few days with him. Things were going good until the last week.

He's trying to buy a house and was real excited when he found one he liked. He started the whole loan process last week, and since then has been real distant. He's not making contact with me, and when I get ahold of him, he is in a real bad mood. Things aren't going good with the bank he says and it's been really stressing him out. Tonight I got ahold of him, and things still weren't going good with it, and he was drinking (something he rarely does). I told him I've never seen him act like this, and he said sorry I'm just going to go to bed and wouldn't reply after that (through texting).

I don't know if the distance is just from all the stress that comes along with buying a house (I've never bought, but I can imagine it is stressful) or if it's something to do with me and our relationship. He is in such a bad mood and down, I don't want to talk to him about it right now, but I'm literally starting to go crazy wondering if our relationship is in trouble.

In the 10 months we have been together (and almost a year I have known him) he has never acted like this. Does it sound like our relationship is in trouble or just the stress from trying to buy a house? Is buying a house really that stressful?

Thanks everyone