How much time do you spend with your bf or gf?

Because I used to spend with my ex 3 days per week (like maybe for 3 or 4 hours) and at the beginning one day per two weeks and then one or two days per week. He thought that 3 days were too much and so he became distant.

I was in love and wanted to spend "each minute" but I was just ok with 3 days, still he didn't like it.

We live close to each other.

Give eachother space. He's probably not the clingy type. Communicating works wonders too. Talk on the phone for a while or text. But it depends on the person really. Read his body language. But honestly? Me personally? I don't see what's wrong with 3 days a week. But that's just me.

• Author
Give eachother space. He's probably not the clingy type. Communicating works wonders too. Talk on the phone for a while or text. But it depends on the person really. Read his body language. But honestly? Me personally? I don't see what's wrong with 3 days a week. But that's just me.

no we broke, we are not together anymore....he wasn't really into me

we usually didn't even do anything, he just came to my house and slept for two hours then we talked for an hour and he went home

I just wondered whether it was really big amount of time and how much time do you spend

but thanks :)

Edited by Coffee20

Lol no problem. Well with the next guy you'll feel it. Communication is important though.

Good luck. :)

• Author
Lol no problem. Well with the next guy you'll feel it. Communication is important though.

Good luck. :)

ah thank you a lot :), I hope my next guy will feel the need to spend more time with me :)

Eternal Sunshine

Pretty much 24/7 except for work (with my ex). Yes, I now beleive that is excessive.

• Like 1

Married now, so we live together and it's pretty much every time except for work and the odd night we have something else to do. We will take quiet time apart in separate rooms a few nights a week, for an hour or so, just kind of naturally (no one says, "I need some alone time!" --- we just go somewhere to do something alone for a bit). That was true for most of our R, even before we were officially living together.

Anyone who thinks "X days is too much" isn't heading towards marriage, I'd say. Perhaps too much, too fast, depending on your age and the intimacy level in the R, etc. Sure, everyone needs a break sometimes, but whole days alone seem odd to me if you're heading towards marriage at all. So all depends on what you're dating for -- in youth, it may be just for fun, and 3x a week or whatever works out fine.

• Author
Married now, so we live together and it's pretty much every time except for work and the odd night we have something else to do. We will take quiet time apart in separate rooms a few nights a week, for an hour or so, just kind of naturally (no one says, "I need some alone time!" --- we just go somewhere to do something alone for a bit). That was true for most of our R, even before we were officially living together.

Anyone who thinks "X days is too much" isn't heading towards marriage, I'd say. Perhaps too much, too fast, depending on your age and the intimacy level in the R, etc. Sure, everyone needs a break sometimes, but whole days alone seem odd to me if you're heading towards marriage at all. So all depends on what you're dating for -- in youth, it may be just for fun, and 3x a week or whatever works out fine.

Thanks I was completely fine with 3 days, I would be even with two if he told me.

I felt completely stupid, it was just me who asked him out every time or asked him to see me, I took it seriously and wanted to marry him, but I also remember he told me he wanted to have only fun.