Women with gay, male friends

TheSingleGuy

I once had a friend of mine in college, who later, came out of the closet. This guy was really good looking and slept with a lot of beautiful women in college.

Then, he came out and was gay. I am not sure if he still slept with women after coming out.

Anyway, I know a lot of women have gay guy friends. Why do they have all these gay friends? Are they secretly hoping they'll be able to get sex from them?

TaraMaiden

No, we're openly glad we won't!

With every straight guy, there's always the fear that their friendliness is a dark secret ploy to get into our underwear....

With a gay guy we have no such worry.

If he tells us we look gorgeous in that frock - it's because he actually thinks we really do look gorgeous in that frock.

And conversely, if he says that frock really doesn't suit us - he's probably right - and not being bitchy - he's just being sartorially constructive.

When we're with a gay guy, he tells us like it is, is our friend and and confidant, and is the one guy whose shoulder we can lean on, without the fear that his hand is surreptitiously edging towards our bra strap....

• Like 4
Oxy Moronovich
I once had a friend of mine in college, who later, came out of the closet. This guy was really good looking and slept with a lot of beautiful women in college.

Then, he came out and was gay. I am not sure if he still slept with women after coming out.

Anyway, I know a lot of women have gay guy friends. Why do they have all these gay friends? Are they secretly hoping they'll be able to get sex from them?

Yes. These gay guys are sociable and women like sociable men who don't take themselves too seriously. Women are also turned on by men who ignore them. Thus, gay guys have two things chicks can't resist: they make them laugh, but they ignore them sexually.

Don't listen to a chick who is extremely close friends with a gay dude and says it's platonic. It's a lie. You're right. She's secretly hoping that she'll be able to have sex with him.

Ever notice women always friends with the handsome gay guy like Eric McCormack? https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eric%20mccormack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=lOm_T7WKLc-DjALfvuiSCA&biw=1366&bih=622&sei=lum_T8WTJYfkiAKVv7nzCw

But they are never friends with the unattractive, fat, short, bald gay guy like Frank Decaro? https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=622&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=frank+decaro&oq=frank+decaro&aq=f&aqi=g2g-S8&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i24l8.5633.7767.0.8085.12.12.0.0.0.0.248.1335.7j4j1.12.0...0.0.cGXJYVeaQFQ

I find this interesting since the unattractive gay guy is far more numerous than the handsome gay guy.

Ever notice women always friends with the handsome gay guy like Eric McCormack?

No -

One of my gay friends is 20 years older than me and not attractive in the least.

Another is younger than me and is "flaming" - girlyish guy who likes wearing makeup and not attractive in the least.

Another is much shorter than me, very thin, and wears bowties and jackets with patches on the elbow.

None of them are traditionally "handsome".

No, we're openly glad we won't!

With every straight guy, there's always the fear that their friendliness is a dark secret ploy to get into our underwear....

With a gay guy we have no such worry.

If he tells us we look gorgeous in that frock - it's because he actually thinks we really do look gorgeous in that frock.

And conversely, if he says that frock really doesn't suit us - he's probably right - and not being bitchy - he's just being sartorially constructive.

When we're with a gay guy, he tells us like it is, is our friend and and confidant, and is the one guy whose shoulder we can lean on, without the fear that his hand is surreptitiously edging towards our bra strap....

Exactly!

With gay guys, we're both on the same page with regards to what the R is and where it will and will not go.

Oxy Moronovich
No -

One of my gay friends is 20 years older than me and not attractive in the least.

Another is younger than me and is "flaming" - girlyish guy who likes wearing makeup and not attractive in the least.

Another is much shorter than me, very thin, and wears bowties and jackets with patches on the elbow.

None of them are traditionally "handsome".

Of course women aren't going to admit they are in love with their gay friends. It would make their friendship look like a sham.

• Author
TheSingleGuy

I bet 90% of gay men are actually bi. I could see how being openly gay could be a chick magnet for a guy. I doubt there's such a thing as a gay man who hasn't had sex with several women by the time he started experimenting with men. It's just another sick perversion for these weirdos.

I bet these guys are stabbin more pun than a straight guy could ever dream of.

• Author
TheSingleGuy

++++Of course women aren't going to admit they are in love with their gay friends. It would make their friendship look like a sham++++

Exactly. I bet all these women are secretly hoping for some good no strings attached sex.

TaraMaiden

a very well-known UK male celebrity came out recently, and openly stated he wished he'd done it earlier... during which time, he openly dated a lot of very attractive women. Many homosexuals have relationships with women for many reasons, chiefly in an effort to convince others and themselves they're not gay....On the other hand, it's possible your college buddy was Bi.

Yes. These gay guys are sociable and women like sociable men who don't take themselves too seriously. Women are also turned on by men who ignore them. Thus, gay guys have two things chicks can't resist: they make them laugh, but they ignore them sexually.

True dat.

Don't listen to a chick who is extremely close friends with a gay dude and says it's platonic. It's a lie. You're right. She's secretly hoping that she'll be able to have sex with him.

Not true dat.....

Ever notice women always friends with the handsome gay guy like Eric McCormack?

But they are never friends with the unattractive, fat, short, bald gay guy like Frank Decaro?

I find this interesting since the unattractive gay guy is far more numerous than the handsome gay guy

Actually, I have to say an awful lot of gay guys are very attractive - and deliberately so.

They're often peacocks and quite vain.

i shared a house with a gay friend, who unfailingly took twice as long as I did, getting ready to go out for the evening....

But I also know several gay guys who frankly, leave a bit to be desired in the looks department - but they are simply lovely people, and without exception, they have partners.....

• Author
TheSingleGuy

++++Actually, I have to say an awful lot of gay guys are very attractive++++

They have so many of the attraction switches down for women. These women with gay friends want to sleep with them, they just would never admit it. My mind's made up.

Oxy Moronovich

Actually, I have to say an awful lot of gay guys are very attractive - and deliberately so.

They're often peacocks and quite vain.

i shared a house with a gay friend, who unfailingly took twice as long as I did, getting ready to go out for the evening....

But I also know several gay guys who frankly, leave a bit to be desired in the looks department - but they are simply lovely people, and without exception, they have partners.....

Unattractive men will always outnumber attractive men, regardless of sexual orientation. Ever seen a gay pride parade? The vast majority of guys in that parade are balding, man-boobs, paunchy stomach, and have other unattractive features. Like I said, the attractive gay dudes are always in the minority. Yet women only seem to befriend these types.

Oxy Moronovich
++++Actually, I have to say an awful lot of gay guys are very attractive++++

They have so many of the attraction switches down for women. These women with gay friends want to sleep with them, they just would never admit it. My mind's made up.

True this. Women have nothing to gain by admitting they're in love with their gay friend. By admitting it, they'll put their friendship in jeopardy. It's basically the same reason why women who still are "friends" with their ex-boyfriends won't admit there is still attraction.

Why do they have all these gay friends? Are they secretly hoping they'll be able to get sex from them?

We are known as Fruit Flys - or Fag Hags.

And there is no way in the world we want sex from them.

My oldest and dearest friends are all gay men; some I have had in my for more than forty years. One in New York invites me to shows and he and I sleep in the same bed; barely touching, but it is still comfortable and safe.

They think I am "fabulous" and to me, they are the Cat's Meow! I have some with whom I can confide my sexual interests as they are just as candid with their exploits. They are never catty or judgmental, but will tell you when you are wearing the wrong combination of clothes.

Among my friends, it is a bit of a joke that I have a "harem" of gay men for when I was single, I could always count on Travis, Martin, or Jerry to be ready with a tux as eye candy on my arm for black-tie events.

• Author
TheSingleGuy

One seduction method I read about on the internet a few years back was for the guy to act gay. This allowed the women to put their guard down. Next thing you know, he's having sex with her.

So, yes, it sure sounds like these women with good looking gay friends really want the no strings attached cock. That's what they're really after.

Because like my straight guy friends, my gay guy friends and I got along well and they were interesting to talk to. :laugh: Perk of being friends with a gay guy is that I don't have to worry about them misinterpreting my friendliness and I get to gush about cute guys with them hehe. :love: My two gay guy friends are on the opposite end of the spectrum in how they look like and act. One who looks average, not social, dress in casual clothes, and not flamboyant. The other one is really attractive, very social, dress in designer clothes, and flamboyant lol. Not sexually attracted to any of them though.

1. Your high school friend could be bi if he still screws women. I couldnt imagine him going from enjoying sex with lots of women, to straight up disliking it.

2. Women see gay friends as girlfriends. They relate to them in a gal pal way without any sexual interest usually. Same way me and a couple of guys I know have had a lezzie friend or two over the years. I knew a few lezzie girls in college and hung out with them from time to time since we had mutual friends. I saw them as dudes and didnt desire to get with them at all.

However I did crush on one lesbian girl back in college, but we werent friends. More like acquaintances. And I still see her when I visit friends up there. Ive always seen her with girls, and Ive been told shes not into dudes. But shes super friendly and just has this enough feminine qualities that I always felt really attracted to her. Sucks that shes gay...and Ive heard girls say that same thing about attractive gay dudes....but they usually dont befriend gay guys they wanna bang. Not like itd ever happen.

Ever notice women always friends with the handsome gay guy like Eric McCormack? https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=eric%20mccormack&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=lOm_T7WKLc-DjALfvuiSCA&biw=1366&bih=622&sei=lum_T8WTJYfkiAKVv7nzCw

But they are never friends with the unattractive, fat, short, bald gay guy like Frank Decaro? https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=622&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=frank+decaro&oq=frank+decaro&aq=f&aqi=g2g-S8&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0l2j0i24l8.5633.7767.0.8085.12.12.0.0.0.0.248.1335.7j4j1.12.0...0.0.cGXJYVeaQFQ

I find this interesting since the unattractive gay guy is far more numerous than the handsome gay guy.

Id say this has more to do with how most people behave...not that people wanna screw each other.

People tend to pick friends who are similar to them. This is why you usually see a group of guys or girls who are of similar attractiveness levels. At least this is what I see when Im in social settings.

Edited by kaylan

I dated a woman once for a few months with many gay friends. One in particular she was closer to, and in retrospect, I'm fairly certain they slept together as FWBs before we dated and continued to while we were dating.

A gay friend at a past workplace also slept with lots of women, he never self-identified as bi. Just a couple of anecdotes.

udolipixie

Some gals have gay guy friends in hopes they'll be able to get sex from them. I know several gals like that as a person's own sexual orientation doesn't necessarily stop those outside of it from being attracted and hoping for sex. As well as many guys have shown they attempt to be friends in hopes of sex or while hoping for sex so it's not out of this world to think gals may do the same.

I have gay guy friends because I find there's less misgyonists or a hateful, bitter, or resentful attitude towards gals in homosexual males than heterosexual males (my experiences). So no having to deal with a guy spewing hate then being called lakcing understanding, compassion or empathy when he's telling me how gals or most gals are gold digging parasites incapable of truly loving a man for who he is. I know he wants me as a friend rather than secretly crushing on me and seeing me as a 'stuck up bitch who loves bad boys' because I see my friend as a friend rather than a romantic/sexual partner. So no friend zone whining and bitterness. I find there's more better looking gay guys than straight guys as they take more care of their appearance (my experiences). So there's something nice to look at. :love:

I bet 90% of gay men are actually bi. I could see how being openly gay could be a chick magnet for a guy. I doubt there's such a thing as a gay man who hasn't had sex with several women by the time he started experimenting with men. It's just another sick perversion for these weirdos.

I bet these guys are stabbin more pun than a straight guy could ever dream of.

You jelly? How is someone a weirdo for screwing whomever they wanna screw? Some of you need to grow up. And sick perversion? Gimme a break.

I swear every other thread on this forum is guys hating on someone for getting more tale than them. Or dudes are hating on women for sleeping with someone who isnt them. Now you guys need to hate on gay men who you suspect of smashing more tail than you? REALLY?! GAY men...? Think about that. Jeez

Edited by kaylan
  • Like 4

I swear every other thread on this forum is guys hating on someone for getting more tale than them. Or dudes are hating on women for sleeping with someone who isnt them.

Exaggerate much? Why yes you do.

If you are a guy and you want to date a girl and it turns out she has a gay friend. Flee! Run to the hills (Iron Maiden voice).

That gay friend of hers will tear you to shreds and she will confide in it. Like another poster said, they are buddies and gives it to them straight. Unlike other friends of hers that are female, a gay male will hold nothing back and tear a potential date to shreds. Keep this in mind if you want a second date after meeting the gay friend. Avoid it!

RiverRunning

My best friend is gay and has stayed the course: he's never kissed a woman, let alone slept with one. He had the sense not to screw around with other peoples' emotions because he wanted to play straight. There were several girls after him when we were younger, myself included. I came to my senses pretty quickly though: the more I got to know him, the less attracted in that sense that I felt. And before long, I had pieced together that he was likely gay, so it was no big surprise when he came out.

We had female friends who went ballistic and had temper tantrums, though. One of those friends (now an ex-friend) even went on to blame him for her sudden promiscuity, claiming that if only he had been straight, she wouldn't have to blow every single guy who looked twice at her. :D

I have no sexual feelings for my friend and haven't probably since we were 16 or 17. He's like a brother, honestly. I have had dreams where he's suddenly coming around with a girlfriend, and in those dreams, I'm alarmed, asking him what's suddenly changed.

Honestly, I think the guys who are out banging a bunch of women are probably bisexual or so deeply in the closet that they'll probably never come out. GBF and I both know gay guys who are in relationships with women and they are deeply closeted.

In fact, he has an androgynous female friend who has a closeted boyfriend. He was always fine with the fact that he was likely bisexual before, but now he's on a serious straight kick. He's decided to start criticizing his girlfriend, telling her that she needs to get into shape and become more feminine for him. He won't even show people pictures of her because he's afraid of what they'll think of him. -_-' Instead, he's been cavorting around town with a stereotypical hottie. And this is a 25-year-old man.

I can't believe how many people are so desperate that they will cling to any vestiges of straightness. I can understand more with people who are in their teens or early 20s...and for those still living at home with their parents (I've seen totally accepting parents and parents who went ape**** when they found out they had gay kids). But beyond that, WTF? Once you move out, you need to come to terms with it because you're just going to end up screwing other people over.

Star Gazer

Men enjoy friendships with gay men because they enjoy the company of men and are able to enjoy that company WITHOUT any sexual tension or relationship drama. They are safe.

Homosexuality is a sick perversion. Period. End of story. Even for lesbos.

I see little difference between that and child molestation or beastiality. It's all weird and sick sexual perversion if you ask me.

This is the worst thing I think I've ever read on LS.

• Like 2