Can a relationship develop from a one night stand?

I could really do with some advice on this situation, I met this guy before Christmas we hit it off and were both fairly drunk and slept together. I thought we’d both regret it in the morning but he seemed to want to see me again and took my mobile number when I was in the bathroom from my phone.

We text each other a few days later and I said I was going away for a few days and he insinuated he’d like to meet up again next time he was out. However after I came back I went straight home from uni for a three week Christmas vacation and didn’t talk to him, as I found out he had a drunken night with another girl at a Christmas party, my friend who also knows him stuck up for him saying it would of never of happened if I wasn’t there, but i thought he was using me and was cross that he had taken my number and made out he was interested so didn’t speak to him for about a month whilst I was away.

But a few weeks ago on the 1st day of term I bumped into him, I didn’t make a point of going to talk to him, he looked over several times and said something to his friend, and then came over to talk to me. I was being polite and asked if he had a good Christmas e.t.c. And he just came out with “Thanks for texting me again by the way” I asked what he meant and said he should have been the one who text me. And he said he didn’t know when I was getting back and thought I just wasn’t interested in him and wanted to “play it cool”.

We spent the rest of the evening just talking and he asked lots of questions about me and got to know each other better. He walked me home and stayed over again (which instigated) again we spent the next week just texting and I invited him over to watch videos last week and we got on really well again. Several times he has instigated he’d like to develop this and said we had so much in common it’s scary. And talking to the same friend he pointed out he had a reputation (which the guy’s told me about) and if he were just using me he wouldn’t be coming over to spend time with you and texting you so much (I have about 30 messages from the past 2 weeks). However the past week he’s been really distant and we haven’t spoken as much which the only thing I can think of is because he has his final exams this week which he needs to graduate with and I know he was quite worried about the work or whether I’m being blown off, but in the past guys who haven’t been interested just don’t write back to my texts and he has and they’re not awkward or anything? It’s just me that has been making the effort do I take it he’s not interested or wait until the exam period is over?

I'm not sure whether i'm completely over reacting or not but i've been hurt so much in the past i really read into situations and sometimes over-analyse situations but others opinions would really be appreciated!

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I had a one night stand which lasted in 10 year relationship. My best advise is open lines of communication. It takes more than sex to make a relationship. Time will tell if he is interested in more.

It was a Friday night in October 1994 and I was at a bar, drunk. I started talking to a woman who was also sorta drunk.

2 hours later we were back at her place having great sex.

Today this woman is my wife and we have a 7 year old daughter.