I Almost Cheated..It happened so fast

A few weeks ago my friend Pete invited me to his hunting cabin to hunt deer on opening weekend and I accept. He later mentions that his kid might join us but he will not know until the weekend. The weekend arrives, Pete and I are at the cabin preparing dinner and our gear for the following hunt. Pete's kid arrives later but she is not a kid, she's is an attractive 30 yo woman. I didn't even know he had a daughter!(long story)After dinner we were all sharing wine and stories of past hunts, having a good time when Pete retired for the evening. I was about to also when she quietly suggested I open another bottle with her after dads asleep. Being a good sport and a guest I had another glass when I realized what was happening and I was guilty of going along with her advances. I needed and exit plan pronto. I moved from the couch to the dining area and then outside for a smoke. She follows and begins to touch me, leaning on me, pulling me, being very touchy feely and is very tipsy. I was a little excited but scared **** here. We go back inside to get out of the cold when she hugs me and suggests we change for the evening and meet upstairs on the couch to finish the bottle and she runs upstairs....

I stood there frozen for at least 30 seconds when I gained my senses and yelled from the basement(where I was sleeping) "Im staying down here and going to bed, we have to get up early"

Long exhale....... I admit it felt cool to feel like a teenager for a few minutes but it would have been wrong on so many levels 1) Im married 2)It's my friends daughter 3)she's engaged 4)I'm 20 years older 5) I should know better. If this happens when Im 20 years younger and not married the big head does not win this battle. What did happen was there was a instant attraction between us but ends at that.

As we departed at the end of the weekend, while Pete was occupied she gave me a peck on the cheek and whispered "thanks". It actually made me feel good. She was a nice person and I think we are both glad nothing happened. Funny part was Pete had no idea the little drama was playing out the entire weekend. BTW I just got the call from Pete to hunt again this weekend and his kid might join us. I might skip this weekend and stay in the city. Thanks for reading

B..

well it's nice to know that some people out there still know how to do the right thing. not this fooling around and not calling it cheating bs that gets posted here time and time again.

high five dude.

Integrity isn't in surplus that's why its valued. Good to know someone that has integrity. You saved a lot of people a lot of pain.

Look deep before you leap.