Why do I keep screwing things up?

My ex and I have been broken up for awhile and I finally decided to go back into the dating scene again after my ex broke my heart. I went out on two blind dates in the past week and I screwed them up! First blind date I had ADD all of a sudden and kept pacing back and forth and kept looking at the TV ( We were at a sports bar) obviously that one didn't go very far because my attention span was off. Second blind date I acted like a giddy little school girl giggling and acting nervous. Obviously that one didn't get a second date because I was nervous and giggling the whole time. I admit I am a shy person but my ex and even my past exes I have never acted like that which really confuses me. Why do I keep blowing these dates?? Do you think it is because I am not totally over my ex and my self-esteem is down?? I admit my ex did some serious damage to my ego when he dumped me:sick:

I get giggly issues too when im dating lol...guess it's the nerves. Usually vodka calms me down. How did the guys react??

• Author

The one guy just bounced and said gotta go and never heard another word back from him. The other guy he didn't say much but when I said sorry for my giggling and shyness in a text after the date needless to say he didn't text back. Maybe I should start drinking:laugh:

dangerstranger

You were pacing back and forth on a date? What were the circumstances, was he sitting down while you were walking back and forth??

What is your age range? That information might help.

• Author

The sports bar was very,very crowded and there wasn't a place to sit so I paced back and forth out of a nervous habit I guess. I am embarrassed to say I am 30 yep that is pathetic. I have never acted like this before in my life but the past two dates I blow it:mad: When I say pacing back and forth I mean I am looking for a spot that is less crowded and I looked at the TV because there was a game on and he was into sports so we agreed to meet up at this sports bar to watch the game and talk for a bit in between games obviously we never talked because I had ADD kicking in and my nervous foot tapping and pacing back and forth for a less crowded spot.

Edited by NicoleM