Is five months still too early?

My boyfriend and I have been together for five months, and we have had our ups and downs. We constantly argued. He's 19 and I'm 23.

Two nights ago, we had massive argument and I told him I think we should be over. He agreed. But later on, we talked about it and he said he doesn't love me. He likes me a lot, that's all. I admitted to him that I love him (he is my first boyfriend).

He had bad past - he had five EXs, some of them cheated on him and they all dumped him.

He said to me he thinks that I am love-blind, because I have got same symptoms as him when he was love-blind. That freaks me out. I don't think I am, the answer is simple: I love him.

Even harder, we stopped having sex two and half months ago. He kept refusing when I requested for it. I asked him last night why, he said it is nothing with me and he is happy enough without sex. I know he wouldn't cheat on me, he is different and really is trustworthy. That's why I liked him at first, he's so innocent.

Like I said we constantly argued, that affects us. So we agreed that we will try for last time, because it would be pointless.

What do you think? What should I do? Do you think 5 months is still too early?

Thanks for reading.

Sounds to me like you both have emotional issues that should be solved rather then avoided. If both of you give up what happens then? You both get into another relationship without ever trying to deal with the issues at hand? Where does that leave the new relationship? Do you run out on that one too?

It's clear you both do care for each other and so there's something worth saving here, but even if that weren't the case I still think it would be worth speaking to a professional. Someone who can look deeper into this and maybe fix the problems. Just my two cents...

creighton0123

I hate to say it, but it sounds like this is run of the mill emotional issues typically manifest in earlier relationships.

He is your first relationship. He's younger and is perhaps in a transition phase in his life.

Perhaps one might think that if the two of you met when you were 25 and 29, whether the same emotional problems would have manifest?

Just a thought.