Will anyone ever love the lady with 9 parrots?

I was in love with someone for 3 years, he did something stupid and we broke up. He wanted me back but his family would have none of it so they forced him into a situation where he was moved 90 miles away from me to a trailer in the middle of nowhere where he has no car or ways of contacting me. The one time he "escaped" they harassed him night and day calling me names and screaming at him until he came "home." I'm hurting so bad right now but what scares me the most is someone else won't ever want me.

I want someone who will love me. I have 9 parrots and a bunch of chickens. People keep telling me no one will want me because of my animals. My animals are healthy, friendly and beautiful.

I'm a nice person, I'm not ugly (albeit 50lbs overweight due to 2 health issues being clinically dealt with right now), independent, and very very loving. I'm not strapped down by them because I have 3 other people who care for them so I can travel and stuff. But I'm so afraid to get involved with someone because I'm afraid they won't like my animals and they'll run away. I don't know how much more hurt I can bear. I am approaching 30 and have been in 2 long-term relationships that have "wasted" 9 years of my life and left me heartbroken and wanting revenge.

Will anyone ever want me? I'm afraid to put myself out there anymore.

Edited by LuLaLu

There are men for whom your birds will be no big deal, if they are truly well-cared-for. There are plenty of male animal lovers in the world, you could even end up with an ornithologist or a veterinarian, or an avid bird-watcher.

Some real issues that might block your finding a healthy, happy relationship: you describe yourself as heartbroken, bitter, fearful, and vengeful. Not attractive traits, and not emotional qualities that are going to draw healthy interest. You're going to have to do some emotional recovery work to get past this block.

In addition, your description of your past love life is...alarming, and sounds pretty far-fetched. His family kidnapped him in order to keep him from you and basically imprisoned him in the wilderness? Have you been watching too many movies? This doesn't sound for real. Can I ask, what exactly are the health issues you referred to?

• Author

In addition, your description of your past love life is...alarming, and sounds pretty far-fetched. His family kidnapped him in order to keep him from you and basically imprisoned him in the wilderness? Have you been watching too many movies? This doesn't sound for real. Can I ask, what exactly are the health issues you referred to?

Crohns -- I essentially bleed out of my rectum constantly. Stress and agitation make it worse. I feel like someone is tearing up my intestines and abdomen all day and night. I also have a huge ovarian cyst that caused a massive amount of weight gain and incredible pains I can't even describe. Unfortunately nothing is being done about either until my hospital visit in a few weeks.

I would hardly call a 3 1/2 year broken engagement "a far fetched relationship," btw.

I'm not watching too many movies. I live in Texas. There are some very remote areas out here with no cell phone signal, and it's easy to be 100 miles apart from someone at a stone's throw.

He was supposed to move to the West Coast to live with his other half of his family, which are successful, stable, and don't get along with the people who live out here in Texas. However, his "Texas family" lured him in with promises that he would be receiving this great job with a relative's boyfriend, and he would simply have to live on the property. Once he got there they cut his cell phone off and wouldn't let him use the internet to email me or check his facebook, etc.

I finally got in touch with him when he reactivated his phone on his own during a visit into town and I went down to his living area. It's literally in the middle of a wooded area and in a camper at the end of a privately-held rural road. My GPS even had trouble finding it. He was cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the relative's home 12 hours a day, 7 days a week for no pay. He was getting no "work experience" except for jobs he wasn't getting paid for...they were looking for excuses to dock his pay to give to his other relatives for things he apparently owed them. I'm totally confused on that one.

Finally he was on a job site near my house and got in touch with me. I immediately came down and picked him up. They started blowing up his phone with messages telling him to stay away from me, how I was evil and coming between him and the family, and blasting him with texts and phone calls for 4 hours straight. I returned him to the job site the next day because they were luring him with promises of paying him for the construction work...at a house in the middle of nowhere...and they left him there in the middle of this town in the dead heat of the day "to teach him a lesson about running away."

Everytime he attempts to leave, they give him a little money to shut him up or an excuse why he can't leave or see me. They told him today they'd be bringing him up to my house, and then said "oh you need to help so-and-so with the yardwork" and took him up there. It's seriously become Stockholm syndrome and its making me sick to my stomach.

When he confronted them about their obsession with me, they screamed at him "WE TOOK YOU DOWN HERE TO KEEP YOU AWAY FROM HER, WE HATE HER, BLAH BLAH BLAH." He wants to get out but he keeps thinking he'll get his money for the jobs he worked. I literally have done nothing to these folks. They have ALWAYS had an issue with me because I don't take their crap.

Thanks for taking me seriously, by the way. :sick:

Edited by LuLaLu
  • Author
Sounds like you need a cockatoo

Sorry, I just couldn't resist ;)

Forget it. I have legitimate concerns and I'm a living breathing feeling human being and I get made fun of and told I'm living out of movies, my health problems are minimized, and told to buy another bird.

Now I have my final reason to get off the internet and get away from people. People are such jerks.

There are men with similiar interests and I am sure there is meeting place online.

I appraised a vintage car yesterday for a 60 y/o lady who has 26 cats. Quite attractive lady but whoa the cats. I actually thought of LS and the posts which allude to 'cat ladies' while watching those cats around us as I was photographing the car. Interesting world.

IMO, there's someone for everyone. So, live life on your terms and the right person for you will stand out from those who aren't. At your young age, there's still a whole lifetime of people to be exposed to.

Forget it. I have legitimate concerns and I'm a living breathing feeling human being and I get made fun of and told I'm living out of movies, my health problems are minimized, and told to buy another bird.

Now I have my final reason to get off the internet and get away from people. People are such jerks.

Sorry it was only a joke... read it aloud. No offence was intended.

I did take you seriously, as seriously as I could take a complete stranger presenting that story anonymously on a forum already rife with trolls. I answered your actual question, and tried to give you an idea of what your real problems might be. If you read the story of your issues with your ex, they're pretty unusual, I'm sure even you would agree. I never said it was farfetched for you to be heartbroken from a longterm relationship that went bad--most of us have been there. No matter where you live or how many remote areas there are, it sounds very farfetched that a family would kidnap their own relative and lock him away in isolation in the wilderness to keep him away from a love interest. Make no mistake, that is not in any way a normal occurrence, and if it really happened the way you say it did, noting it as a farfetched happening is more a reflection on his family than on you--although it does beg the question: why did they hate you so much?

Anyway, it's a good thing that you're getting your health problems checked into. Feeling physically better might help you feel better mentally and emotionally, too. While you're at the hospital, you might want to ask about counseling/therapeutic services. As mentioned before, you describe yourself as heartbroken, fearful, bitter and vengeful; you also seem to be pretty sensitive, some might say overly so, to the point of being raw. Talking some of your painful history over with a good therapist might help you learn to let go of some bitterness and manage your emotions in a different way, which might in turn make you more attractive to the ornithologist of your dreams.

Keep working on your emotional and physical health for a while, before you even stress about your romantic life.