I m shy,screwed it all, but i don't wanna lose him.

soulinpain

Everything got screwed up due to lack of communication

This guy at the medical center I work at, I REALLY like(actually love him), he liked me back too(until 3 days ago probably). All this time, we just kept giving each other the signals, some sweet gestures to show that we cared for each other but did not put this in words, as yet.His very close friends know that he likes me.In the mean time, gossips started arising about us at work which was bothering me, too especially when 2 people questioned me.Because of the culture we both belong to, we cannot afford any labels on us, unless there is something concrete to say...like WE ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP.

The other day, he conveyed to me indirectly that he wish to talk to me, I did not take it seroiusly,so did not reach there.The next day, he suggested thru his actions that he was mad at me.I cud not take it so went to talk to him stating that there seem to be some confusion; he probably adopted the self defence mechanism, he thought I am blaming him for the rumors, told me to tell me who said what, and he will clarify it..at that point of time I was not even talking about the rumors, I meant confusion about us and an apparent meeting. Later, he questioned me about this among other people of my work, which was too embarrasing for me. Discussing in public means more rumors!

That made me feel that may be I was wrong in judging him...may be he did not like me as much as I liked him.

However, he must be tensed too, as according to his understanding, I was blaming him for the rumors. Two days later(next day he had a day off), I did apologise to him for any botheration I have caused him, but he was still trying to investigate the source of the rumor, that will lead to even more rumors.

Now, of course,rumor was a reason I was stressed out, but I was more worried about him being mad at me..and that I could not even convey to him..he misunderstood and so all this mess. He has stopped talkin to me now...and I am so depressed.I was really thinking about a long term relationship with himall this time, and now it seems that this is beyond repair!

I know, most of you will think what kinda confused person I am..or what did I end up doing...I know, it was all being shy n inability to express my thoughts in words...

Please help...