Cuddling with guy friend.. Innocent, or does it mean something?

spiffydoodle

I have a guy friend *Joe*, whom I met through an ex-boyfriend (they were best friends) 4 years ago. I've always felt an attraction to him, and I fooled around with him once (he asked if we could do stuff, and my ex said that was fine.. we were all very drunk). After that things went back to normal, and it was never awkward for any of us. After my ex broke up with me, I stayed friends with *Joe*.. He even ditched my ex a few times to hang out with me & my friends. Over the past few years, we've just randomly hung out.. Gone out to eat, I've chilled at his house while he and his friends played video games, and he even helped me with a fundraiser at school. For a while when he would text me he would call me his Angel, and say he wanted to give me a kiss. I never responded back in a flirting manner, because I figured he was joking. After a while he quit doing that. About a month after he quit, I hung out with him and his friends, while he was house sitting for his sister, and he wouldn't let me leave.. She has an L shaped couch and we both laid on opposite sides, with our heads in the middle on the same pillow until we fell asleep. We hung out a few times after that, but then we went about 6 months or so without hanging out (texts, here and there), until recently. I texted him saying we should hang out, and he suggested the next day. The last few times we were supposed to hang out, he bailed, so I wasn’t really expecting him to hang out with me. But then the next day he called me and told me I could come over for a few hours, but that he had to work in the morning. I went over his house and we watched a movie, went and got some food, and then sat around talking and listening to music. About 3 hours into hanging out, he had a couple of drinks, and was starting to be very flirty. He bit me a couple times (and asked me to bite him in return.. But it was sort of awkward for me), and then proceeded to lay his head on my lap. Somehow we got on the topic of doing things with people, and he told me that usually he’s too nervous to make a first move, and so usually nothing ever happens with anyone. For a moment, I thought this might be a hint, but I didn’t want to try something & weird him out. After an hour or so of that, I told him that I should probably get going, because it was getting late. I stood up to get my stuff, and he went into his bedroom. A few minutes went by, and I could see that his bedroom light was still off so I went in there to see what he was doing. He was laying on the bed. So I told him I had to go, and he didn’t respond. So I took his comforter, and pillows, and buried him under them. Then I sat next to him on the bed. He looped his arm around mine, and pulled me down next to him, and we just laid there for a while. For about an hour, I fell asleep, and when I woke up he was up setting his alarm clock for work. I didn’t mention leaving again, because I was too tired to drive home at that point. He fixed up the bed, laid down next to me, and put his arm around me. Then proceeded to poke me for about an hour, in all the places that I‘m ticklish. When I told him I was going to poke him back, he told me I wasn’t allowed to, because when any girl pokes him it turns him on. After a while my body became kind of stiff.. Probably because it was awkward to cuddle with my friend. Eventually we fell asleep again, and didn’t wake up for quite a few hours. I was up before him, but laid there with my eyes shut, resting.. When he woke up he pulled me closer to cuddle, before quietly getting up to take a shower. Then before he left for work, I was getting ready to walk out the door and he made me give him a hug. Later that day, he texted me and apologized for being so flirty, and said that he gets like that when he drinks. I told him it was okay, and that I liked the attention. Which is true, because I liked that I had someone to cuddle, and it didn’t involve kissing/sex. SO after that huuuuge story.. I was wondering if maybe all the things he did might have had hidden meaning to them? I don’t know about everyone else, but usually when I drink, that’s when the truth starts to come out.. I don’t want to bring it up to him because if there isn’t any meaning, I don’t want to make our friendship awkward! What do you all think? And also, even though it’s been a few days, I was thinking about sending him a message on face book apologizing for giving into his drunken tactics, because I don’t want to seem like a creeper since I cuddled back with him (his excuse was he was drunk.. I don’t have one!) Or should I just let it go?

Edited by spiffydoodle