Romantic Idea Busted?

Hey LS'ers,

My girlfriend will be going to a Usher concert today and I decided that I should suprise her with a cute letter from Usher. In the morning I casually mentioned that I new usher personally (story begins here!). Later today I sent her the following e-mail from a throw away gmail account called [email protected]

Here is what I wrote:

Dear Girl,

This is Usher Terrence Raymond IV. I just reached your city, and am preparing for our concert later tonight. Anyway, an old-friend of mine VicJay79 told me that you would be coming to see Akon and I perform and gave me your e-mail address. I just wanted to reach out and thank you and also let you know its fans like you that make our job so wonderful. I am sure VicJay79 has probably told you about our days in Mo-Town and how we use to do duets. That boy has soul, and I am really glad that he finally found his soulmate that he gives himself too. VicJay79 also asked me to give you an personally signed autograph, which I have included as an attachment.

Hope to see you at the concert,

Usher

P.S.

I know you probably think this e-mail is fake. Do you honestly someone would spend all this time creating an elaborate story, creating an e-mail account, learning how to use all sorts of photo editing software, just to see you smile?

--- end of e-mail

The End of the mail "Just to make you smile" is my little statement. I thought it would be a dead give away. I also spent a great deal of time with various photo editing software to make the autograph look personalized.

Anyway she calls me back and is super excited and keeps on asking me if i knew what was up. I played along a little bit and then finally fessed up that this was just a cute way to make her smile. She seemed a bit let down and asked me if I did this much? I feel kind of bummed my romantic gesture which i thought was cute and sweet didn't get the attention it deserved. Would you girls find this cute??

Vicjay79

• Author

Seriously, I am bummed, but should I be? Bump this and help a romantic brotha out.

For a brief moment she thought she was dating some important guy who had celebrity friends and had sang duets with Usher in the past, and then she found out it wasn't true. You massively increased your value in her eyes and then disappointed her, so of course she felt let down. She probably isn't thinking how sweet your silly little prank was; she's just thinking about how disappointed she is that you're not actually friends with Usher. In future I recommend that you avoid giving her false expectations, because it just makes you look bad and disappoints her when the falsehood is revealed.

• Author

Eeyore,

I thought this was super cute, and not a prank. Should i call and appologize then? Throughout the entire letter i tried to show her it WASN'T real!

I did however send her this letter afterwards:

Hey Girl,

At least you know, someone would spend all this time creating an elaborate story, creating an e-mail account, learning how to use all sorts of photo editing software, just to see you smile. I actually did try to get in contact with Usher, but the farthest I got was his Show Director.

Miss You,

VicJay79.

For a brief moment she thought she was dating some important guy who had celebrity friends and had sang duets with Usher in the past, and then she found out it wasn't true. You massively increased your value in her eyes and then disappointed her, so of course she felt let down. She probably isn't thinking how sweet your silly little prank was; she's just thinking about how disappointed she is that you're not actually friends with Usher. In future I recommend that you avoid giving her false expectations, because it just makes you look bad and disappoints her when the falsehood is revealed.

I'm only saying how I'd feel in the same situation; I can't say for sure how your girl feels.

Hopefully she'll get over it pretty quickly and realize that you were just trying to be sweet.