How do I detect a player??

AmericanHoney

I admit I haven't dated too much. I dated on and off in high school but it was nothing serious and I went on some blind dates here and there but nothing ever panned out. I finally met a great guy dated him for two months and we got along great and then he pressured me for sex and I said no let's wait for a bit and he seemed cool with that and then one day he vanished:confused: Only to find out from my friend he was already seeing someone! I didn't think he would be a player and I certainly didn't think he would leave me for another girl. My question is what should I look out for?? Red flags?? I do not want to fall for another player again that is for sure.

If a guy wants sex too soon, he's probably a player, and will dump you as soon as he gets bored of using you (this isn't always the case, but it's better to hold back on sex just to be on the safe side). Ditto if he doesn't see you much, doesn't involve you in his life, doesn't introduce you to his friends and his parents, and otherwise avoids making your relationship public. Also consider how he makes you feel - if he's not loving and giving, or if there's a lot of drama, then he might be messing you about. The key is to take things slowly and try to figure him out before you invest in the relationship.

• Author
AmericanHoney
:o That describes my ex to a t. He always pressured me for sex ( even on the 3 date) and I said can we wait? He kept asking me and asking me and finally he gave up but I did do other things with him and now I regret even doing that. He always asked me for sexy photos ( I thought maybe he liked me) He never introduced me to his friends and kept all his cards to himself persay. He never said we were boyfriend/girlfriend he just said we were dating even though we dated for 2 months! He was never really loving he would just use cutesy names like baby or sweetie when he would call. The worst part?? I found out from my friend he was already seeing someone while he was seeing me and since apparently I wasn't giving him sex he moved on to someone else. I really wish I had known he was a player before I invested so much into him for 2 months and then he sneaks around and dates another girl. I sometimes wish I could find the girl he is dating and tell her what kind of scumbag he really is but maybe she is dumb and puts up with his disgusting moves.

If he seems to always know how to push exactly the right buttons he is probably a player. Players understand women and know how to manipulate them.

• Author
AmericanHoney
:o I feel so naive. I guess he knew which buttons to push and how he could take advantage of my innocence. I am very,very thankful I waited and didn't have sex with him because if I had I would of felt really,really stupid. I now know what to look for the next time:bunny: