So upset with my best friend and her situation

RedCinnamon

Ugh! I really don’t want to do this but… I got thrown into a very awkward situation!

My best friend has been dating this guy for about 9 months. It was weird because this guy is somewhat well known in our circle, but no one really cares much for him.

He’s an aloof person and the type that is really aggressive and coming off too strong in every situation. He also don’t drink and is a really pain to get him to go to a bar or party. To make thing worse, he have a history of getting in some fight with people, mostly drunk people. He really doesn’t tolerate them at all.

When in crowded situation, he’s usually the type that stays well to the edge and observes and hardly talk which make him appear even more unapproachable. On top of that, despite of his good look and small stature, he look somewhat intimidating due to all his scars on arms and some on face, and his build.

My best friend on other hand, she is a social butterfly and a sweet heart. People just love her and she’s a person with very gentle heart. She’s always smiling and very cheerful. It is like the moment she walks into the room, the whole room light up.

She loves to socialize and like to be around people and have a lot of friends. She can strikes up a conversation with anyone and suddenly become friend.

So you can see how this make thing really awkward.

Recently I and my friend were at a big bachelorette party for her sister. I hate to say this, but things got carried away. Almost all women were at least toeing the borderline big time. My friend end up stepped over the line.

Her boyfriend found out through one of his water polo teammate who was a bartender at that bar. Whole hell broke loose. Things have been getting really bad from there.

They did work thing out, but I feel so sorry for my friend. Her life is unbelievable miserable now. They were so close to breaking up, but my friend caved in and begs him to stay. They made many agreements that are very hard on my friend. Like she cannot go to any bar unless he come along which is next to never, she have to answer any text from him quickly, have to tell him every details about everything, she cannot have any drink at all(she LOVE to drink), and many other things.

One time we were busy and in a hurry try to get to a place that she didn’t answer phone. When we finally got to this place, she has to go home because her boyfriend was upset.

She tried to have me talk to her boyfriend. I really don’t want to be any part of this, but since she was so desperate, I agree to do it just this time.

When I talk to her boyfriend, I have to admit he’s surprising nice person. To cut long story short, I learned that he’s a loner and the only reason he seems to be doing so well and happy is because he learned how to enjoy it. However deep inside, he often struggles with issue of feeling unwanted and like he wasn’t even important to anyone. He also talks a bit about my friend that makes me look at her differently. He also did admit some of his faults.

As much as I hate to say this, he is very rational and logical person with scary amazing ability to look at situation from many points of views. He never try to deny or claim anything, he’ll just give out the whole thing and let other decide for themselves.

So now I feel like I’m really trapped. I really can see their sides but at same time I’m so mad at my friend. However before the bachelorette party, they were a great couple and were totally into each other and he treats her wonderful. So I am really hoping I can have some feedback on the whole situation. Sorry for a long post. Thanks.