Anyone Lose the physical attraction to their partner?

My ex and I broke it off after 2 years. It is all fun and games in the beginning then it changes. I honestly started to lose the attraction to her and would not look or say things to make her feel good about herself but thats the way I was feeling. Now I feel bad and can say she is attractive but I cannot change it now.

If I did truely did love her it would not matter to me what she looks like. I would love her for who she is.

Has anyone ever lost that attraction to their partners?

missconfused83

yes i think a lot of ppl experience the same thing. i went through it with my childs father a few years back and its why i ended the relationship ultimately. in my situation it wasnt about his looks at all, i had fallen in love with his looks years before and nothing about THEM changed. what changed was OUR RELATIONSHIP! we argued all the time and would say really mean things to each other in the heat of the moment and it got to the point where i just couldnt look past any of that. i didnt see his looks anymore i saw the man i called names and who called me names right back and even when we werent fighting thats all i could see so i think maybe your issue isnt with how she looks maybe her attitude or the way you treat each other is whats changing her appeal?

• Author

It was not only her looks though she was constantly nagging me to get married then I would push the conversation away and not talk about it.

Now I feel kinda guilty for saying dumb things to her but if I truly loved her looks would not matter.