One woman two men

I have been with my childrens father for 10 years. The relationship has always been on and off. And now we are back together again. Usually when we break up I date but nothing serious. This time I met a older guy and we dated for 6 months then I ended it and got back with my childrens father. I really had feelings for this man and I know that I am still in love with him. The problem however is that he has do time for a crime that he commited sometime last year. When I met him he was doing what he could to get his life together. He told me how he wanted to change for the better and that he wanted a family. I love my childrens father but he somehow drains me and is a big time drinker and smoker. He is always asking me to buy beer for him throughout the week because for some reason he always ends up broke after he is paid on Friday. I know what you are probably thinking and yes the last time we broke up I said that was it and I was never going back to him again. But I went back because I wanted my children to have their dad and who am I kidding yeah I missed him too! But now I feel stuck because I am still in love with my ex and don't know what to do. My kids father has talked about marriage but I am not too sure of that because he is so bad with his money that I don't think that we would ever be able to have anything together. I miss my ex. And I want to see him. Sometimes he will call me but I don't answer because I feel like I could be cheating. Even though my kids father is a heavy drinker and smoker I must admit that he is a good person. He's good with the kids and helps me with things that I may need help with. How do I figure this out? I am so confused.

reservoirdog1

Honest, brutal advice:

Forget both of them. One's an alcoholic who drinks away his pay, and the other is a soon-to-be-convict. Neither one is exactly a prize. There are better men out there, especially when you have kids to think about.

Just my $0.02.

What Reservoir said.

How do you explain all of this to the children? :confused:

They sound like very poor role models to me.. both of them! Doesn't matter which is chosen really...

Why are these the only two options?

.. Why?

Take care,

Eve x