Do guys not like texting as much as girls do?

I've noticed that even if a guy is interested in me, the only time they'll text is to relay information (e.g. i'll be there in 20 minutes, etc..) They'd much rather talk on the phone, in person, or via email or so it would seem.

Is this true for all guys?

Feelin Frisky

I can't say of other guys but it's a habit I would not want to get into. It's a bit unnatural. People need to deal with the realities of containing themselves in between seeing each other and it's like being joined at the hip to start texting each other about this or that from one minute to the next. It's not masculine at all. I don't think it's healthy for females either--it can create a kind of technological co-dependence because no one is dealing with the natural state of having feelings while being alone.

I don't mind the initial texts when getting to know someone new. Flirty texts late at night can be great. But when the relationship moves on and you both start seeing each other, I'd rather do everything face to face. Texting, like email and all that stuff, is so basic, without emotion. Hence why us guys probably just text the standard stuff.

It is true that girls seem to prefer to text more then boys - I have girl friends who seem to want to text their lives to one another. Maybe it's simply down to girls have smaller thumbs so find texting easier then us chubby-thumbed males!

Silly, but I have no desire for texting, messaging friends. Hearing a voice or meeting for a day out is so much more live and animated. Text are simply blase' to say the least.

A quick info media source of data is okay to text, like HEY!! I'm stuck on I-95 so stay off that route , is a quick guide. But the banter of text is silly when a phone is right there. Use your voice. Most guys I know are turned off by that annoying text message communication.

idontunderstand
Do guys not like texting as much as girls do?

I've noticed that even if a guy is interested in me, the only time they'll text is to relay information (e.g. i'll be there in 20 minutes, etc..) They'd much rather talk on the phone, in person, or via email or so it would seem.

Is this true for all guys?

I'm a guy and I like texting. However, I would much rather prefer to talk on the phone or in person than texting. But if I couldn't talk on the phone or be with the girl in person and I really liked her, I wouldn't mind texting all the time.

i absolutely hate talking on the phone. bet my wife and i text 50 times a day to each other.

My friends and I always text. We have lots of background noises so it's easier to text. My girls and guys.

:mad: I hate texting. It is fine with my bff but with guys it is a major pain in the butt. I'd much rather talk on the phone or heck even talk on AIM rather than text back and forth because with texting you never know if you are bothering that person or you never know if they got it.