What is the best summer romance you have had ??

Shangrila 96

I suppose many of us have experienced summer romances :). My fondest memory of summer romance took place back in the late summer of 2001, just shortly before I started at university. My parents and I had travelled down to a coastal town just over an hour from where we live for a short end of summer holiday. By that stage every year, the lazy summer days were coming to an end and the new school year was nearly upon us.Anyhow there was a girl who I will call Leanne ( not her real name) staying with her family near us. I remember well the evening I first met her. Boy was I smitten ! :love:. An incredibly pretty girl with dark hair. Thankfully the attraction wasn’t onesided.Things were fairly quiet in the town as most people had departed. We made friends with some of the local kids and there was a group of us – Leanne and myself included- who hung around together alot . All the while our summer romance blossomed.She didn’t let me kiss her until her last night. I can remember both of us sitting on the hill overlooking the bay. It was a lovely moonlight night with a cool breeze coming in off the sea. I gave her a cuddle, then leant in and kissed her. It was the sort of night that you wished could go on forever :). Leanne and her parents left the following day. It would be an exaggeration to say I was heartbroken but I was sad to see her leave. I can remember one evening a few days later sitting on that very same hill and looking out to sea. I thought it would probably the last time I’d ever see her. The time came to depart and we went back home. Yours truly went away to university a few weeks later. I thought about her alot during that early period at college and wondered how she was,how school was going for etc (She had a year to go in secondary/high school). We wrote to eachother on a few occasions and have run into one another a couple of times down through the years. So that is my story :).

Hunt for Red October

My best summer romance ? Hmm let me see. I think the best summer romance I have ever had was back in the summer of 1997. I was 15 years old at the time ( close to my 16th birthday). Anyhow we always used to go to France every year for a two week holiday usually around the beginning of July. Well that particular year I had a romance with a girl who didn’t live too far away from my hometown back in Ireland. She was 16 and like me had just finished 3rd year in secondary school. It started out as a friendship but later blossomed into a romance. We hung out alot together during that holiday. I still remember the walks we took on the beach on those gorgeous French summer evenings :). All good things come to an end of course and it was time to say farewell and return home to Ireland. She was never far from my thoughts during the rest of that summer. Every now and again I think of her,particularly on occasions when I’m down in her neck of the woods, and wonder what she is up to these days.