What does this mean

Hi, im new here and i dont know where to post this

me and my crush are 16 and we're in highschool

Anyways, heres my problem, theres this girl i have a huge crush on and she knows i do becuz i told her. we used to go out 3 years ago but it was a for fun thing and in conclusion, it was my fault we broke up becuz i was new to relationships and i didnt know what to do. back to the story. i asked her if we could be bf/gf again via text (i know i shud have done it in person) and she said she wanted some more time (because she was asked out by another guy but broke up on the same day 4-5 days before i asked). This crush has been goin on for 5-6 months now and i cant stop thinking about her and im too shy to ask her out again. We are close friends, we have 6/7 classes together and we sometimes do cute things like look at eachother and laugh during class when something funny happens or write pen lines on eachothers arms to see who gets the most before end of class.

So my question is, if she wanted "more time" does that mean that she says no but doesnt hurt my feelings or she really does need more time? its been 7weeks since she said that.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks