Is it wrong of me to want to ask her out?

I was recently set up by a female friend of mine at school with one of her friends, around 2 months ago. Talked to her for a bit and we went on a mini date to get coffee, but I wasn't feeling the spark on my end so I let her know soon enough that I just wanted to be friends. I found out about this OTHER girl who's a friend of both the matchmaker and the girl I turned down, and I must say, she is incredibly gorgeous and I simply can't get over her smile... I've really been wanting to ask my same friend from school if she could try to set me up with her but I feel bad and don't know if it would be awkward for either of them? It can't hurt to ask though right? Any advice is appreciated!

It's never wrong to feel what you feel. What you do about it is, however, a different matter. How about asking her direct?

• Author

I guess the better question then would be 'should i actually try to ask her out' :p I don't think asking her directly is really an option because I've never met the girl lol I've just seen a lot of pictures from the Facebook pages of that girl I was set up with and my friend, she seeems really nice though hehe. And I think it would be a little strange if I just randomly added her or sent her a msg.

• Author

Asking who? the girl? Like I said, i've never met her and probably won't be in a situation where i see her in person unless maybe I try to pursue her.

Lauriebell82
I guess the better question then would be 'should i actually try to ask her out' :p I don't think asking her directly is really an option because I've never met the girl lol I've just seen a lot of pictures from the Facebook pages of that girl I was set up with and my friend, she seeems really nice though hehe. And I think it would be a little strange if I just randomly added her or sent her a msg.

I think you may mean you think she looks hot? Being "hot" and being "nice" are different in my experience. Some girls have both, some don't.

Why don't you just ask her to "hang out" with some other friends (the matchmaker, not the girl you turned down) and chat her up to see what she is like. You never know, she could be a total biatch and at least you'd know then instead of finding out on a date with her.

• Author

Actually I did mean she seems "nice", I already know she's extremely attractive but based on the fact that I know a few of her friends she does seem to be a nice person overall. There's always the chance that she's very different from the people I kno she hangs out with but that seems unlikely... And yea I would definitely be down with just hanging out with her in a group, I guess I was just worried that it would be an akward situation given that i was already set up on a date with one of her friends. But I think I'll just start by asking my matchmaker friend what the story is behind her friend that I'm interested in.

Lauriebell82
Actually I did mean she seems "nice", I already know she's extremely attractive but based on the fact that I know a few of her friends she does seem to be a nice person overall. There's always the chance that she's very different from the people I kno she hangs out with but that seems unlikely... And yea I would definitely be down with just hanging out with her in a group, I guess I was just worried that it would be an akward situation given that i was already set up on a date with one of her friends. But I think I'll just start by asking my matchmaker friend what the story is behind her friend that I'm interested in.

I could see how that would make you feel weird, although you just had the one date with this girl (right?) and there wasn't any chemistry. It's actually better that you didn't lead her on. Just be honest with the matchmaker and say there really wasn't a spark, but you def. want to be friends and that you would like to meet this other girl. If she makes you feel bad, then possibly pursue (as in ask to hang out on a group outing) her yourself without the matchmaker involved in it. I would think after two months the matchmaker wouldn't be THAT upset about it. It's not like you are wanting to meet another one of her friends the day after you broke it off with the first girl.

• Author

Yes it was just the one date and was only for a few hours. I specifically waited a little while to decide if I would ask about this girl to avoid it looking like I was trying to be a player or smt.

My main concern was that the girl I 'rejected' (who's friends with the one I'm not interested) would be upset about it, or that even the girl I'm wanting to pursue would turn me down knowing that her friend and I went on a date and talked for a short while on facebook. Anyway I guess i'll never know unless I ask so I'm gona go for it! Hopefully she's single lol and is open to hanging out or going on a date :)